Tank Maint again

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

tbmoore
Astrea snail

Tank Maint again

Post by tbmoore »

Well time for monthly water change...with going to Africa been a little slack....Not hard to do just hard to get motivated......Tank looks ok but little rough on the edges....I really believe this is the key to a healthy reef....though I know some get lucky without it....

Below are my water cks...

before
ph 8.1
gravity 35% or 26
alk 11.6
cal 540

make up water with oceanic mix

55gal in 240 reef
gravity 35%
ph 8.2
alk 7.6 added buffer to bring up
cal 490 added turbo cal to bring up

also getting out the drimel and cutting off little bit of my drain box to lower the water level about 1/4 in....water was touch the cross members...

also new carbon and phosguard....and add little iodine...

will see how tank reacts....Terry
Last edited by tbmoore on Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
110chadman
Copepod

Post by 110chadman »

what do you do in africa

hope the waterchange livens things up

chad
gitting things back in order and starting over!!!
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

I made two 28day trips to start up a oil/gas plant in Chad. Been home since June.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

I ran into one small problem...when I refilled the tank I had lowered the water on one end more than the other.....It forced more water than before to the fuge....You guessed it...it overfilled and ran on the foor...I figure about 3-5gal went between the kitchen and office....not the first time the office carpet has gotten wet....anyway...all looking well now...waiting on the carpet to dry though.....will do a final water test later tonight to see if I need to adjust.... :shock:
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

Now that everything is pretty well adjusted I have noticed two clams which have not been coming open are opened up....Just goes to show what water test and change will do.....will try to do another change in couple of weeks and try to get the water quality up even higher....I want to get couple of things from RM but hate to till tank is up 100%.