Reaching Fishfood

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

tbmoore
Astrea snail

Reaching Fishfood

Post by tbmoore »

I am going to place an order this morning and fishfood wanted to get in...anyone know how to reach....he needs to call me or e-mail me....228-769-0115.....tbmoore@cableone.net
110chadman
Copepod

Post by 110chadman »

man if i was only home i have is number but is at the house!!

chad
gitting things back in order and starting over!!!
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

I got a hold of him. I decided to hold off becuase when I'm up and running I'll probably make a fish order from them and get my star then. My timeline is hopefully to have it up before christmas and let it set till mid to late january. I'm in the process of curing some rock as i type this and will get another 100 lbs to cure here shortly so i would imaging i have a short wait before i should add anything. I'm going to top the tank off with some tonga rock about 30 lbs when i set it up so it might need just a few weeks to get back into shape.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

I suggest your get your base rock or about 75% of what you need....then ck local for the rest.....Progresive usually has some good rock and you can pick and choose certain pieces for shape and size to aquascape.....take your time and look around for just the right pieces to top off....this cost a little more but these are the pieces that show...look for magic rock....(rock with lots of holes..) it weighs less and does a better job of filtration....also branch adds to the aquascape......solid pieces do little for filtration ...no holes for stuff to work and critters to hide...I have been up couple of years and still might pick up a piece or two to fill in and aquascape....
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

actually I have about 75 or so lb from my 55 and i'm getting about another 100lbs shipped to me from my parents tank so i won't have to spend much on it. I have some acrylic rods that i'm going to use to aquascape everything. I plan to drill it all and set it up outside of my tank then put it back in. Then I'll get some tonga rock for about $3 per lb on line. The rock that is in my tank I order about 3 or 4 yrs ago. It was all nice fiji rock at the time. Since it set out for 2 weeks it is going to take time but i've been seeding it with a few pieces from the 26 that made it. My rock looks odd right now. I have a bunch of dead acros all over it. It should give it a bit more character. Just sucks that I lost about 25 or 30 different sps corals. Oh well scott has my tort and Dr. Mac frags that survived.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

what tort.... :lol:
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Its just an ORA blue tort. Nothing special. Not one of the crazy variations of a tort. It was only about an inch and a half because the base started to bleach up really fast from when i got back after ivan till i put it in my 26 gal tank. Since the 26 isn't a good tank to keep acros I got in touch with scott to take them for me.

BTW scott how are those guys doing?
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

always looking for that special piece.... :lol: you would not hide that now would you :twisted:
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Fishfood wrote:Its just an ORA blue tort. Nothing special. Not one of the crazy variations of a tort. It was only about an inch and a half because the base started to bleach up really fast from when i got back after ivan till i put it in my 26 gal tank. Since the 26 isn't a good tank to keep acros I got in touch with scott to take them for me.

BTW scott how are those guys doing?
The tort is encrusting and is actually getting some of the trademark green/purple coloration that we didn't expect under my full spectrum lighting. I will get a pic of it soon. The others are looking good but one has some tips that had bleached. I did have one question about the red cap frags, are those the same as the frags you gave me a while back (like March of 2003).
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

I don't remember. I know i got them from joey I believe and in my tank they were more of a pink/red then the normal deep red. I think those 13k bulbs had something to do with that. I noticed that the one green acro that i got from Dr. Mac looked in bad shape also when i gave it to you. I'm really curious how that flat green thing turns out. Joey and I couldn't figure out what it was. As far as the green cap if you lose it or it dies I don't care. I was told it was a purple rim green cap but never seen the purple come out. I know i gave you 3 different green monitopra. The one was the ugly green, the one was that neon green thing that joey and i couldn't figure out and the last was another neon green cap like the one that reefers use to have in the front display tank. Did you stop by my house to get that red one? I don't remember ever giving you a red cap.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I think the unknown coral is a favia. I got the red cap from you in March 2003. Brandon brought it to the meeting after meeting with you earlier that day. You also sent some zoanthids that day.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

I remember that. I'm not sure.. I think i got that cap and it was broken into 3 pieces or something. Do they look the same or different now? You think that piece is a favia. Thats what i thought at first also but you should have seen how the entire thing in his tank. It was more plating and had a bunch of odd shape flat branches going this way and that.