Chiller

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

medikall
Amoeba

Chiller

Post by medikall »

I have a West Coast Aquatics 1/5 hp unit with a Medusa single stage controller I would like to offer someone in MBRK. I know this unit needs work, but according to the manufacturer its all standard Techumseh (SP?) coke machine parts so any standard AC shop should be able to work on it. It is believed that its just the thermal switch on the compressor that went out. Was hoping to get $150 out of it with the single stage medusa controller.

If anyone is interested I can bring to the meeting tonight or email pics.

Thanks

**Edit here is a link to the item from the manufacturer.

http://www.wcaquatics.com/cgi-bin/items ... d=qqR2ff6Y
Last edited by medikall on Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sean
Brian
Amoeba

Post by Brian »

I was curious what is the problem with the chiller. Is it just not cooling correctly? Basically I am just asking what are the symptoms that make you believe there is a problem. Thanks.
medikall
Amoeba

Post by medikall »

It doesnt run right now. It was the manufacturer that told me it was probably the thermal switch on the compressor, but that it wasnt worth shipping to them to have fixed. He said it would cost me more in shipping than a local AC repair guy would charge to fix it. However, when he told me that it was also out of warranty so I would have had to pay repairs with them as well.

Also I guess I should tell you guys its an inline chiller not a drop in.
Sean
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

If the switch is internal, like an internal overload, then it cant be repaired the compressor will need to be replaced. If its an external switch then its should be a $10 part.

If you want to bring it tonight we might can take a look at here.

Joe
Kart Racer
Copepod

Post by Kart Racer »

Or I do refrigeration work for a living. If anyone would like, I would be happy to help repair it for them.

Jeff
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

I would buy the chiller from you in a heartbeat if I knew that it was possible to fix it, and not the compressor. I wish I would have looked at it last night... just forgot :(
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

I would buy it but I just spent all my allowance on a ReefFlo Dart. If you still have it in a few weeks/months let me know.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

if its still up for grabs, i'll buy it..call me and leave a message... 251-626-8112...mike
medikall
Amoeba

Post by medikall »

Bump, I still have this and will bring to the meeting if anyone is interested in seeing it.
Sean