Anyone interested???

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

wtrhed
Copepod

Anyone interested???

Post by wtrhed »

Thinking of selling my brand new 110gl tank with a brand new awesome stand and canopy. Would anyone be interested??? I knew before I started that it would not suit my needs, but I was jonesing for a tank. I am wanting to go with a 4'x4'x18" growout vat until we move out. Plus I am really sketchy about all the rock that is in this tank. I do not want to come home and find everything on the floor. The tank is drilled and reef ready and plumed with a closed loop. It is a VERY nice setup and is less than two months old. I would probably ask around $700, which is a steal for the quality of the setup. I would finance if anyone is interested.
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Re: Anyone interested???

Post by KrazyPlace »

wtrhed wrote:...I am wanting to go with a 4'x4'x18" growout vat until we move out...
Why not a kiddy pool?
Wind me up!
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

They tend to leak :lol: Have seen a shop with one though, they used it for curing. I can make one pretty cheap and have TONS more room than I have now.
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

You can get a 300 gallon Rubbermaid tub.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Yeah I think what Scott is talking about is the Rubbermaid cow/horse troughs(sp) they sell in Robertsdale.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

Haven't made my mid up yet. Aquatic Eco has some really nice tubs too. I just really like the way Mark at Amazons built his. I think, maybe, that is what I'll do.
Dys
Amoeba

Post by Dys »

wtrjed.

is it just the tank/stand/canopy? where is the drilling? Corner overflows? Let me know, I might be interested in this setup.

Got a pic?

Thanks
Chris
251-626-0926
I'll respect you in the morning, but I won't wake up till noon.
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Eddie's tank
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (97.4 KiB) Viewed 2974 times
Karen
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

uh hmmm....you mean me when i worked at amazons...mark didnt do crap but go clean tanks. i built that trough
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

reeferpuffer wrote:uh hmmm....you mean me when i worked at amazons...mark didnt do crap but go clean tanks. i built that trough
Ha Ha, He told me the same thing when I asked him who built it. He said he built it and you watched??? Who knows, I think ya'll have some beef that isn't totally out in the open. I've heard his side but not yours. Anyway, That is what I am wanting to setup for the moment. I see a few flaws in the design that I can work out in my proto. Why did ya'll not glass it? I see that what was built has lasted and looks fairly stable, I just bwant alittle more braceing and maybe angled corners. Any feedback is appreciated. It is fairly straight forward though, any thing you would do different?
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

That was the basic design that I am thinking about too but having a couple of different depths and compartments. I hope to find someone with a chop gun so that I can encapsulate all the wood in fiberglass.Unless I can find a rubbermaid for cheap of course.
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

What is a chopgun???
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Its used to spray on a fiberglass resin/mat mixture. A friend of a friend used to have one but I would have to find out if they still have it. I already have a gallon of resin and a couple of yards of mat so I don't know if I would go that route but it depends on how large the vat will be.
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

Just after the storm I went and helped my niehgbor, who is a Captain, do some hard hat diving. He is a pretty cool guy and knows EVERYONE at the marina and shipyard. I'm positive if they've got one he could use it. Should I ask him?? Mark said that all he did was 5200ed it and than gelcoated it.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I am sure you could do that. Is the 5200 stronger than other adhesives? With a chopgun I would think that you could encapsulate the whole vat in less time with stronger bonds. If you are talking about something more than 200 gallons it might be worth it.