April meeting

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

tanker stanker
Amoeba

April meeting

Post by tanker stanker »

When and where is the April meeting goin to kick off? I've missed alot of meetings lately and I want to catch up on everyone's tanks. Anyone got any info, let's hear it.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

are we having meetings anymore?

*ducks and runs for cover*
-Josh Murrah
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Yeah, I don't think you've missed them. They just haven't been. It seems like there is a waning interest recently that doesn't coincide with the normal slow times. I would host this one but my tank looks bad, very bad. Someone needs to volunteer, I'm starting to go through withdrawals.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

Scott nothing like hosting to get you motivated about getting that tank up to its usually shape!

If I thought I would be ready I would volunteer but I dont want to rush things. I can do May if no one steps up by then.

Joe
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Phisher wrote:Scott nothing like hosting to get you motivated about getting that tank up to its usually shape!
I have been trying but I don't think it would be ready for a meeting for some time. I replumbed my return pump with 1.25" pvc to get a little more flow and have done 2 large water changes this month. I have the Dart out and I am making sure I have all my plumbing to install it this weekend. I've cleaned my skimmer, modified the skimmer to get rid of the sponge on the output, changed carbon and Rowa and hope to get some new bulbs this weekend. I actually have gotten rid of the diatoms that almost covered my sand but I keep getting some cyano. I am skimming real wet (I have to empty the cup every 2-3 days or it overflows) and I just changed my RO filters and DI resin late in January. I only think I lost one frag but growth seems to have stopped and every SPS is brown or green. I am thinking it's the halide bulbs so I will take care of that next.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

I would host, but I think I'm on the "outside" of the club right now, because I'm all softie :shock:
-Josh Murrah
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Tag, your it! I don't think your the minority anymore. Since Xster sold his SPS, a bunch of people with sps are MIA and Shawn and I are buying LPS instead of SPS the acro lover group is getting pretty small. If there were more softies that were some other color besides green or brown I would have more than just one (and I am not buying any Dendronepthea's).
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

Yea I'm def not sps club material. In fact I am also out of the mh club along with you.

I'll second a meeting at Josh's.

Joe

Peer pressure is building.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

yeah lets meet up again...... Wherever.... who cares if you have sps.... be proud of your tank :P

I'm ready......... when and where?
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

ShagMan wrote:...because I'm all softie...
:shock: You shouldn't say things like that about yourself!
Wind me up!
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Hahahahaha....

woohoo, meeting at Jeff's house!!
-Josh Murrah