B&B Pet Shop

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

sb1227
Astrea snail

B&B Pet Shop

Post by sb1227 »

For anyone who works at (or goes to) B&B, I'm trying desperately to find a medication called Bettamax. It's made by a company called aquatronics. I normally keep it on hand but have been unable to find it anywhere. It used to be easy to get. This is the only product I've found that helps my Bettas when they just don't seem to feel good. I have a new pair of young, rare Bettas and the female looks a little rough and is going to need some help pretty quickly. If anyone could check and see if they have it I would really appreciate it. They're listed as the only shop in this area that carries it.

Thanks so much, Sue
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

I know we don't carry it but i will check tomorrow morning when i go in to see if we can order it for you. If you can call up there before 12:30 or after 3:30 i will be there an be able to tell you if we can get it in.
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

If you call up there just ask for Rin.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Sorry about Bettamax, Sue. Aquatronics has previously gone out of business. You may be able to find some if you look hard online, but it is very difficult to find it.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

Yeah sorry to tell you but like Andrew said they went Bankrupt.
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Yeah, I had heard rumors that they had, but was really hoping maybe you guys might have some left. I've tried all the places I used to get it online and even searches but couldn't get any. I appreciate your checking on it for me. It's really a damn shame about that because that stuff was amazing, it brought back fish I didn't think had a chance. Sure wish I could get the receipe for it. :)

I think the biggest advantage to it was it was more of a tonic than a medication, though it did have some antibiotic in it. Guess I could get some vitamins and try to come up with something close.. :shock: what a scary thought. :lol:

Andy: this pair is one I got from Faith at Bettatalk.com she comes up with some awesome fish.

Thanks again, Sue
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

I Tried to help
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

And I sure appreciate it. :)

Gonna have to settle with a low dose of Maracyn two...just to try and keep any infection off. Anyone have any suggestions on good vitamins? I don't normally use them, but these little guys are a bit sensitive.
For anyone who knows about Bettas, they are a black (almost a purple hue) halfmoon with a butterfly pattern tail that's evenly split black to white. This is one of the rare color morphs. Maybe I can get a pic when they get settled.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

They sound very nice. I have heard of many melanistic morphs such as yours being a bit more sensitive than usual. B12 and C would be good alternatives, and if you have any live food cultures, these can be added to enrich it. Just a thought
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium