Bonsai Kitten

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Bonsai Kitten

Post by snoopdog »

Why did I not think of it first.

http://www.bonsaikitten.com/
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Guardfather
Amoeba

Post by Guardfather »

That's just wrong! I'd take that guy and stuff him in a bottle.

I think I'll notify PETA.
Captain Barbosa: "The code is more what you call "guidelines" than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Ms Turner."
titansgurl
Amoeba

Post by titansgurl »

GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

Post by GermanShepherdGirl »

Oh that pisses me off! :evil: Some people have no heart.
-Kristyn
danielmiller82
Bristleworm

Post by danielmiller82 »

Wow...this has been going around the internet for like 3 or 4 years...I thought everyone knew it was a hoax.
-daniel
http://www.admiller.com
-30g long and a 9g percula tank in the babies room.
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

Even so....they still had to shove a cat into those jars to get the pictures for the joke.
-Kristyn
mykpoz
Amoeba

Post by mykpoz »

danielmiller82 wrote:Wow...this has been going around the internet for like 3 or 4 years...I thought everyone knew it was a hoax.
everything has a circular life in the internet, soon we will see the starwars kid make an appearence...

fyi no kittens were harmed

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/bonsai.asp

more then likely photochop work
reefer21
Amoeba

Post by reefer21 »

I'm sorry but even if cats were not harmed that is still sick to have a website about it. None the less the website needs to be shutdown because that could make people what to try an experiment on their own cats and that’s just cruel and inhuman.
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

Amen to that!
-Kristyn
Guardfather
Amoeba

Post by Guardfather »

"I think they already know about him."

Apperantly they don't care 'cause it's still there. Besides, I went there and SPCA and both of them make it difficult to lodge a complaint. However, I did see a lot of links if I want to donate money or time. Right ... Like I have time.
Captain Barbosa: "The code is more what you call "guidelines" than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Ms Turner."
titansgurl
Amoeba

Post by titansgurl »

I read somewhere that they keep trying to shut him down but he keeps jumping servers and setting up mirror sites or something like that. I can't find the article though.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

I don't know, I thought it was kinda funny. Never for one second did I ever take it seriously. I have a cat that used to love to climb into one of those little hampster balls to sleep, that reminded me of her doing that, I mean it was FULL when she got in there... Guess you had to be there, but it was cute. :)
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Actually the FBI and CIA have made multiple visits, it started at a college as a prank. That is what I took it for when I posted it, a prank.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

The actual real story behind this site was a lawsuit won against a local county and I think an SPCA by the person who ORIGINALLY developed the site. When it originally came out, there was apparently ghosted or watermarked on every page, a disclaimer that indicated the site was a hoax. In fact one of the pages was a summary of the incredible outraged e-mails this person received dispite the disclaimers. The site also contained a summary of the bad news print the site received as a joke to show how people only read what they wanted.

The person(s) who generated the site posted it via link from another "check this weird stuff out" site just like we are laughing at here all the time. It did start out as Snoop indicated a college joke. When it got linked by the main site it generated a ton of press and investigations.

In spite of all the disclaimers and reality check pages, someone who should have known better and explored the site further took action aganist the site developer that caused him/her financial damage. The developer settled a lawsuit for a large sum.

In the meantime, several copies/mirrors of the webpage contents were posted at other locations on the web. Most did not have the disclaimer. I would imagine, and the article titansgirl references talks about, the other sites were originally copycats trying to also make some money or have a good laugh.

The article titansgirl references also talks about the myth that the developer kept changing servers and using mirrors. A quote from the article is in the link provided by mykpoz I believe.

Like it or not, if you are going to surf the internet, you better have many large grains of salt, a sense of humor or a big reality check button. There are many many worse examples of politically uncorrect real sites.

That dang freedom of speech thing tends to get in the way of our sensibilities all of the time.

Phil
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Yeah just go to www.ogrish.com for a reality check.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.