The year of Viruses

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

Jahdiel
Astrea snail

The year of Viruses

Post by Jahdiel »

I don't know about everyone else, but I am thinking of hybernating from the public till this flu season is over. This is my second time in 1 month for getting the crud.
I would like to know why people who have it go around other people, instead of staying home and getting well. My customers come to me sick, pay me to do their hair or nails. Then I turn around and double to triple the amount, and hand it to the doctor and pharmacy to get me well. :evil: Sorry just had to vent alittle.
Karen
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

It is amazing how something that is that infinitessimally small (and not even alive) can make a human being or entire country grind to a halt. And I feel the same way about the assholes who feel it necessary to spread it. However, I also feel for those whose job or school don't care if they are sick and make them come anyway. You are damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

That is so true!
Karen
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Was sick 5 days last week.

Jahdiel it is called "presenteeism"

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/86 ... lated_link
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Hell, didnt know there was a word for it :mrgreen:
Andrew

lwready
Amoeba

Post by lwready »

All this time I thought it was just me and the company I work for! Had the crud last week, over $100 for doctor and medicine. Yet the company I work for still insists on 30+ sales calls a week So I get to spead the bug throughout my territory. And I sell for a MEDICAL company!
Larry

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you. Gandalf
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Now that is just WRONG! Someone needs to grab your boss by the ears and shake him into some sence. Then give him the crud, that'll teach him. :twisted:
Karen
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

We have all had them too. I come in contact with a lot of peoples stuff and there germs every day so it's no big mystery where I get the crud. I try to stay home but I missed a lot of work last year so I try to stay home at least the first couple of days, I worry about my co-workers kids getting it more than anything.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Guardfather
Amoeba

Post by Guardfather »

http://www.airbornehealth.com/

Best preventative on the planet. There are 10 effervescent tablets that actually taste good. Buy 6 online and get the 7th free, or 6.00 a tube at Wal-Mart. That's less than .60 cents a day. Plus, save your receipts and UPC labels and she'll send you a free tube via mail.

It works people! But you have to use it "before" you get sick. After the bug has latched onto you good ... you'll just have to ride it out.

I take one a morning during flu season.
Captain Barbosa: "The code is more what you call "guidelines" than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Ms Turner."
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Interesting. With what it has in it, I can see why it works. We used to use most of those ingredients but had to by them all seperately. :D
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Well, whatever [the hell] it is, I have it now :censored:
Andrew

Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Oh man I am sorry to hear that. the dang crap does not like to leave town
Karen