Anyone with experience with Cabbage Leather/Sinularia Dura

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

Brandon
Chromis

Anyone with experience with Cabbage Leather/Sinularia Dura

Post by Brandon »

Was wondering if anyone had any experience with Cabbage Leather/Sinularia Dura. I had read somewhere, they have a long acclimation period before they really take off. The one I have is surviving, but not thriving. I have it currently located on the bottom in moderate flow area. It took about a week or so before the coral would soften up during the day, one of the sections still has not. I really like this one, it is a different color than what I have seen in most of them with more of a reddish tint. It could be lack of zooxanthellae causing the color, but I don't think so.

Anyways, if you have had it, did it take your a while before it came around and started to grow.
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Well I am not sure we are talking about the same leather because I don't have but a second and no time right now to cross reference names but I think we have one of these in both of our tanks and in the 75 it sits at one of the highest points in the tanks with moderate flow. Has never had any problems, started growing almost immediately. The other one is near the bottom no more flow than the rest of the tank and it stays open and out all of the time and pretty much tripled in size.

But basically they took about a week to get comfy and started growing from there... they are both the pinkish tan color.
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????