Brand Spankin' New 30L Setup, just need a few things...

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

danielmiller82
Bristleworm

Brand Spankin' New 30L Setup, just need a few things...

Post by danielmiller82 »

I have for sale today a never used project tank that I sadly have to get rid of pretty quickly.

I had all intent to finish this tank and get her up and running, but we found out that my wife was pregnant and now we are needing room in this small house for our baby (and completing this would cost a little bit more than we will be able to afford as well). I have had this tank in the room that Aubrey will be in when she arrives, for about 3 or 4 months. Today we replaced the carpet and I had to move this tank out to the storage shed so I need to get rid of this thing asap.

The tank is a 30g long, with custom built pine base(built with the help of Andy) and canopy. I have put two coats of black stain on the base and one coat on the canopy and will include the remaining stain to finish the job. This tank has never been used, although I did do a two day water test on it when I first bought it and it showed no leaks. There are no scratches or chips in the glass as far as I know.

The tank itself is an Ocean View and has been drilled on the top right side for an overflow. The rear of the tank has been painted blue.

The canopy was built about 16" tall (if I remember correctly) and was intended to for a pair of halides and some VHOs. I also hinged the door on a long piano hinge so that It would not flex and so it opens up all the way giving full access to the tank without worrying about the door slamming shut if you bump a support rod (like the stupid Ocean View canopies.

The base is built from high-grade pine 1"x4"s All around and is incredibly strong. The doors, which are held closed by pinch rollers, are also built of these 1"x4"s and the lines match the tank almost seamlessly, the canopy is the same way. I never got around to purchasing handles for the doors so you will have to do find some that you like.

I am also including a 20g long that I purchased to be used for a sump and 'fuge. It fits perfectly in the bottom of the base. You will also get any extra things that I have that got with this project including...

Two ballasts(if i can find them), one VHO and one NO. A bunch of misc wires, endcaps etc. An older skimmer (I think its a CPR SR4) that I'm not sure if it works (but i don't see why it wouldn't), but you can feel free to do what you want with it. I'm sure that there are many other things that I am forgetting but I will be including an awful lot of things with this.

All you really need to get this tank up and running is a pump, some plumbing, some bulbs or a CF setup, skimmer(or pump for the one included if it does work), water, sand, rocks and fish.

I have attached some images of this setup. The glass is foggy because it got really cold outside tonight, But its ok now cause its shutup in my shed.

If you are interested, Please make an offer. The first person to send me an offer I like and can come pick it up gets it.

Email me "daniemiller82" at yahoo , or PM me on here.
Attachments
08_rightsideangle.jpg
08_rightsideangle.jpg (47.84 KiB) Viewed 962 times
07_leftsideangle.jpg
07_leftsideangle.jpg (51.9 KiB) Viewed 962 times
06_baseopen.jpg
06_baseopen.jpg (64.68 KiB) Viewed 962 times
Just needs a coat of white paint and some polyurethane.
Just needs a coat of white paint and some polyurethane.
05_canopyopen.jpg (28.93 KiB) Viewed 962 times
All doors open.
All doors open.
04_fullfrontopen.jpg (50.14 KiB) Viewed 962 times
Needs a second coat of stain.
Needs a second coat of stain.
03_canopy.jpg (42.91 KiB) Viewed 962 times
Needs handles and a touchup of stain in a couple of places.
Needs handles and a touchup of stain in a couple of places.
02_base.jpg (55.17 KiB) Viewed 962 times
This is the front of the tank in all of its glory.
This is the front of the tank in all of its glory.
01_fullfront.jpg (47.94 KiB) Viewed 962 times
-daniel
http://www.admiller.com
-30g long and a 9g percula tank in the babies room.
110chadman
Copepod

Post by 110chadman »

daniel what are you asking for the the set up

did you ever use the cprsr4 that i gave to you a while back --- man i cant belive that you still have that skimmer --- it worked well for me

the reason i ask my buddy steve is looking for a nother tank

let me know what you want for it

thanks

chad
gitting things back in order and starting over!!!