Anemones bahavior, feeding and care

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

SadaAesix
Amoeba

Anemones bahavior, feeding and care

Post by SadaAesix »

Alrighty as a new aquarist, I am rather ignorant of anemones and thier behaviors, so I look to those of you who have more wisdom then I.

Around 11:00 pm tonight I noted that my anemone-I think it is a seabea-long tenacled and purple tipped with an orange base, anyways I noted that he expelled some brownish stuff and I considered this as possible waste, no biggy however now he seems shrunken and there are only a few purky tenacles swimming around. He was absolutley gorgeous a few moments ago before the brown expelling. Is this normal for them? Any advise on feeding them and care would be appreciated. He's been eating really well, combi of squid, halibut and shrimp. Thanks
mykpoz
Amoeba

Post by mykpoz »

could be normal behavior...

anemones are a strange thing, and can show little signs of stress then disappear, while i have seen others live in horrid conditions (by standards) only to look absolutely stunning.

Your main items to constantly keep in check are:

Tank Age
Water Specifics (nitrates/ites, amonia, phosphates, pH, temp, salinity, etc...)
Lighting
SadaAesix
Amoeba

My pera.

Post by SadaAesix »

My tank parameters are I think fine.
I do water changes every two weeks.
Nitrites 0
PH: 8.4
Temp: 79
Nitrates: .20 ppm never higher then .40ppm
Hardness: 300
Phos: 0
The guy expelled waste and he shrunk up but now he's back to beautiful again. I finally found a post someone had made previously and that was the occasion.