Another freebie

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

SadaAesix
Amoeba

Another freebie

Post by SadaAesix »

I'm parting with one haitian or florida condi. Anyone want him please feel free to contact. I hate giving things back to pet stores as you can see. I think the creatures much prefer being in someone's tank.
ajm79
Amoeba

Post by ajm79 »

How big is it? I'm sorta new to the saltwater tanks, and just upgraded to a 55 from a thirty. I plan to get a pair of skunk clowns... will they usually like this type of anemone?
reefman8471
Amoeba

Skunk Clowns

Post by reefman8471 »

No, Condylactis anemones are not natural clownfish hosts. Condys come from the Caribbean and Atlantic Ocean and there are no native clownfish to those seas.

Jaems
There are no problems; only solutions.
SadaAesix
Amoeba

Nah.

Post by SadaAesix »

Nope, sorry to say but condi will not host a clown. It's the size of a hand and get quite gorgeous. It's tentacles are striped with green and white and purple tips and it has a bright orange base. It eats well and it is in good condition. He just doesn't seem to find a happy spot. He's forever roaming in my tank. Your more then welcomed to see him. I am adding a picture to give you an idea.
Attachments
Condylactis_giganteaAQ.jpg
Condylactis_giganteaAQ.jpg (6.34 KiB) Viewed 1824 times
ajm79
Amoeba

Post by ajm79 »

Thanks for the info & picture! I better wait till I get my 55g setup before I decide on an anemone though.
mykpoz
Amoeba

Post by mykpoz »

I have seen several condi's play host to clowns, but that is a rare site.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

We have tomato, cinnamon, and clark's clowns host condylactis all the time. Those three are probably the least picky when it comes to a commensal host.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
redpheonix
Copepod

Post by redpheonix »

I have two maroon an gold clowns that host in my condi and they actually prefer it over the bubble because it is larger...my condi is almost electric green not the normal color...