Dowflake

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

Suziq21
Amoeba

Dowflake

Post by Suziq21 »

Anybody here know how to get some? I went to the local Pinch A Penny Pool store and they didn't have it. I'm trying to find an online vendor, but would rather find someone local.
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Pensacola Pools has it. Here is a link to one of Randy Holmes-Farley's articles that has a bunch of links at the bottom on where to find all the 2 part ingredients.

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-02/rhf/index.php
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Also call into local Lowe's and Home Depot, because they will often have CaCl as deicer or in the pool section for raising GH. Same goes for Magflake if you ever need that.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
carlab
Amoeba

Post by carlab »

http://www.buckeyefieldsupply.com/showp ... ecials=124

This is where I ordered mine, couldn't find locally here on MS coast. Great people to deal with at Buckeye. HTH
Carla
Suziq21
Amoeba

Post by Suziq21 »

I called HD and they didn't carry it. Pensacola Pools had it though! $15 for 25lb bag!
Buckeye Field Supply
Amoeba

Post by Buckeye Field Supply »

We just received new pallets of Dow and Mag so we should be able to supply all of the western world for another 6 months...
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Didn't they change the Magflake somehow? I read somewhere that they can't recommend it to be used in reef tanks anymore, I think it was on Randy's links page,but haven't seen any more on it. Have you heard anything about it?
Buckeye Field Supply
Amoeba

Post by Buckeye Field Supply »

There was something some time back about them not guaranteeing the content for reef purposes - so nothing really new there...