Renewal Time

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Renewal Time

Post by snoopdog »

Renewal time is this month. I normally try not to solicit donations and it is totally up to the member to donate if they feel like it. It is always much appreciated and the money goes toward the maintenance of the website only. Any money leftover goes toward the next year. I have only asked or accepted donations one time and that was last year.

I will also be selling frags to go toward the site fund very soon, probably within a two week period. I also want to point out that the site storage has been increased greatly and to a point I think we can solicit doing more Galleries and photos from the members. I will be working on getting the website and Gallery upgraded tomorrow with integration implemented yet again, which breaks with every upgrade it seems. We had a 9gb limit before and now we have a 40gb limit with a max of 250gb.
Last edited by snoopdog on Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

It's worth every penny. To me, anyway. :)
Buzz
Amoeba

Donations

Post by Buzz »

Snoop,

Is there a PayPal account I can send the money to? If not, how about an address.

Thanks,
Buzz
Endeavor to Persavere
(Hang in There)
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I am going to pop a link up there tomorrow.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Everyone check the Gallery and make sure you have access to it, if you have a Gallery of course. I cannot login as an existing user with a Gallery, so you all will have to give me feedback if everything is working as expected.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Wow, what a difference! I like the new gallery, it's even easier to use. Now I'm going to have to go and clean mine up. :)
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Yeah it is really slick, only took about 6 hours to do all these upgrades today. There are still some things in the Gallery that need to be done, but that needs to be in the A.M. - snore.....
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Mr James
Amoeba

Post by Mr James »

How much $$ do you need??
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Need ? Well need is perceptual. I will take whatever I can get in donations, but really do not want to pass what the amount of renewal will be.

12 x $6.95 = $83.40

Donated so far.

$20.00
$5.00
$10.00
------
$35.00

Left over
$48.40

Keep in mind I also put in some of this money, I use it more than anybody so to speak. The board used to cost about $300 a year but I trimmed out some of the content to get it where we have it now.
Last edited by snoopdog on Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Didn't we make T-shirts at one time for MBRK? I never got one if they were made but I thought someone had them made. I would think that could be a type of fundraiser, but you probably need to have a good quantity of shirts printed to get the price down. I know there are some newer members folks around here who never got one. Just an idea.. It seems things have really slowed down around here again.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

The T-Shirt idea came from Josh and he had his mother/mother-in-law make them for us. I think that was her full-time job, or at least at the time. There was never any profit made from the shirts, everyone just paid Josh and he had them made. The shirts really came out nice and have been really durable. From what I remember the price on the shirts was extremely cheap.

http://www.mbrk.com/viewtopic.php?t=166 ... ight=shirt

"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Well I'm familiar with the prices of shirts from organizations in school and stuff. With all those colors on that I thought it would be a bit more expensive. I'm use to getting 1-2 colors between for between $5-10 per shirt. If thats the case and the people wanted to do it again I wouldn't see why you couldn't add a few bucks to the price to go towards the web site. Once again thats just an idea I thought about.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I would just like to have new shirts, mine are wore out.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

That was a premade silk screen and the front had the MBRK logo on it.
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Sweet. I wish I had gotten one. Just didn't jump in at the time.