Frogbits

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

sb1227
Astrea snail

Frogbits

Post by sb1227 »

This is not a buy, sell or trade...just thought I'd put it here. :lol: If anyone knows anyone who has a pond or has a pond themselves, or is thinking of ever having a pond....Boy have I got some plants for you!

No really, I have these things in my plant tank and they have to go. I've thrown away handfulls, but I hate to do that. They're sweet little top growers (hence the reason I want them gone) that put down long roots and look somewhat like lotus plants, with sweet, thick leaves. They're good for shading, so would do well in a pond.

I got them with a plant order, but why they would send shading plants for a high light tank I'll never know. So if anyone wants them...just let me know. :P
enteri_00
Amoeba

Post by enteri_00 »

pm sent
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Frogbit??!! EEK, get it away! Just kidding ;), but I agree it is NOT for a high light tank. I just got past a Lemna minor infestation (it was the real thing, not Salvinia spp.) and that stuff is absolutely AWFUL. :x
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Right now I have a bunch of it crammed in the center of the tank, and the Anubias are quite happy. :lol: They're enjoying a little shade.

Have you ever noticed how those plants always seem to be SO happy in tanks? :roll:
Suziq21
Amoeba

Post by Suziq21 »

Are they strictly vegetative or will they flower Sue? I've got a small pond and could help you thin out your stash :D
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

I haven't seen them flower, but may do so outside. I'll get you some and you can let us know. :lol: Where've you been hiding lately, anyway?
Suziq21
Amoeba

Post by Suziq21 »

Great! I'll leave some here and take some to SC with us b/c I know we'll have some sort of water garden up there too.
I've been trying to finish writing my thesis, doing whatever I could do (not much, Jamie had to do pretty much everything) to put the house up for sale, and traveling a bit before the baby arrives which, should be within the next two weeks :shock:
Things are finally slowing down enough where I can get on the computer and do some fun stuff again.
sb1227 wrote:I haven't seen them flower, but may do so outside. I'll get you some and you can let us know. :lol: Where've you been hiding lately, anyway?
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

South Carolina for sure then? Thats a bit closer than some places you were looking. :)

Sounds like a plan. I have to go to Pensacola on Sat if you want me to bring some with....