150 gallon for sale

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

150 gallon for sale

Post by GermanShepherdGirl »

SOLD!
----------------------------
OK well I want to get out of the hobby. I've really lost interrest and neglected the tank lately. I used to be so passionate about it but for some reason I've completely lost interrest and am so ready to get rid of my tank.

So I am selling it. And I DO NOT want to part it out. I want to get rid of the whole thing all at once and not have to deal with parting anything out. But if whoever buys it wants to part it out to others then be my guest...I just don't want to deal with the hassle.

I am asking $1500. Listed below is what is included:

Equipment:
150g drilled aquarium with custom stand and canopy (red oak finish)
tank dimensions 72"L X 24"D X 20"W
I think it is about 6.5ft tall with the stand and hood
Iwaki 40 return pump
ETSS Protein skimmer with Iwaki 40 pump.
K2R Calcium reactor with 10 pound CO2 tank
3 250w Icecap Metal Halide balasts.
1 Icecap 430 VHO balast....supports two 48" VHO's (I think they are 48" if I am remembering correctly)
two dual fans that clip on the back of the hood for ventillation (4 fans total)
4 double light moon lights (8 moonlight bulbs total)
55g sump/refugium
150-200+ pounds of Live Rock (not sure how much but a lot!)
100+ pounds of Live Sand (not sure how much but a lot!)
Spare Iwaki 40
25gpd 4 stage RO filter (with 2 large trash cans to hold the water)
two SEIO 820 power heads
four Maxi-Jet 1200's
I have a spare SEIO and Maxi-Jet I use to keep the RO water in my trash cans circulated but I can't remember what size they are but they are smaller than the ones listed above

Livestock:
blue tang
purple tang
yellow tang
black angel
diamond goby
yellow goby w/pistol shrimp
6 line wrasse
mandarin dragonet
2 scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp
several peppermint shrimp (not sure how many I have...several I know)
3 clowns (2 percs & 1 ocellaris)
BTA anenome (somewhere in the tank...he moves around...sometimes I see him sometimes I don't)
6 leg blue linka star
3 serpent stars (1 of them is b&w stripped)
a bunch of polyp colonies
a leather
a couple of frogspawns
hammer coral
trumpet coral
yellow colony polyps
star polyps
several montis (about 4 I believe)
lots of purple mushrooms
2 purple/green hairy mushrooms
lots of snails and hermits
2 or 3 bags of salt

It's possible I left some things out that I couldn't think of or it's possible that some of the livestock listed might have died and I just don't know it (like things that usually hide like stars and shrimp). Although I know my pistol shrimp is alive because I hear him clicking. I have (or had) a yellow/red goatfish and a lawn mower blenny but I'm not sure if they are still alive or not (so I didn't list them above since I don't know 100% if they are still alive). I don't pay much attention to the tank anymore other than feeding and topping off the water. And I haven't changed the water in I don't know how long....surprisingly I've had very little die off as much as I've neglected it.

All the live rock in my sump belongs to my friend in Iraq. He asked me to hold it for him in my tank so it doesn't die while he is deployed. So that will not be sold with the tank. I have a 20 gallon I'm going to use to hold that in if I do sell the tank before he gets back home.

I have a big really sweet 60 pound rock.....also there are lots of other big really cool shaped rocks. I have some frozen and freeze dried food, algae sheets, some chemicals/media, about 10 filter bags, testing kits, and other odd & ends that I can't think of at the moment.

I have a few photos in the gallery.
Last edited by GermanShepherdGirl on Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
-Kristyn
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

One more note...

I have a dead brain coral that is being used as live rock. This cannot be sold with the tank. My grandmother got it many many years ago while diving in the Keys. She retains ownership of it but let me put it in my tank. So this goes back to her when the tank comes down.
-Kristyn
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

That's definately a "more than fair" price. Sorry to hear you're leaving the hobby. You might want post this in the Alabama reefers section on Reef Central as well, if you don't sell it right away. I'm sure someone will jump on it!

Best of luck to you and yours!

Sue
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

Thanks for the tip Sue! :wink:
-Kristyn
stanton
Amoeba

Post by stanton »

Thats a great price!!

I'm interrested in some shrooms and polyps if you decide let some go.
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

Sorry not ready to part it out just yet. Maybe later on down the road if no one wants to buy the whole thing I'll part it out.
-Kristyn
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Do you have any pics? Is it the 60"x24"x24" 150 gallon?
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

No it is 72"L X 24"D X 20"W. I have a couple of photos in the gallery. I can try to take more this week if needed.
-Kristyn
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

This would be a good one for you scott. I thought about getting the tank but just can't justify the 15 gallon increase.
DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

Drew,

Now that you're going FOWLR, you should look for a 240 (96X24X24). Your fish would love it!
Doc :D
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

It's a great deal. I am not sure if I have the wall space for a 6' long tank though. I still have my 90 gallon that has not even seen water and I am still a little too far away to run aver and pick it up.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

DrHank wrote:Drew,

Now that you're going FOWLR, you should look for a 240 (96X24X24). Your fish would love it!
I actually contacted Liz about her 250 to see if it was actually sold. I just don't think I have the space for it, but would love to do it. I'm not too sure about a large angel and trigger in the 135. I've been talking to some folks who keep those guys and they say I could do it for a few years before I'd have to upgrade or sell the fish. The money issue and possibility of having to move within the year is a problem also.

I do have my 135 sitting empty with just water and sand right now though. I couldn't have a better time to upgrade, but I'm not sure I want to deal with the hassle of it either.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Yeah. If you are serious about larger angels and triggerfish, a 135 will be insufficient in the long run. I consider a 180 to be the minimum for even moderately sized angelfish. That isn't even considering many of the Pomacanthus spp. and some Holacanthus spp.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

I finally got an email from my friend in Iraq tonight and he said he is going to pass on the tank. He said he may regret it later. I have adjusted the original post to reflect.

I added a couple of new pics to the gallery and am working on adding more but have had trouble due to the size of the pics. I'll try to work on that this week.
-Kristyn
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

New photos added to gallery

Lots of new photos added to the gallery tonight. All the newly added photos were taken today.

http://www.mbrk.com/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=9584
-Kristyn