dwarf fuzzy lionfish dissappeared

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

jdmorgan20fan
Amoeba

dwarf fuzzy lionfish dissappeared

Post by jdmorgan20fan »

First off I have a 65 gallon predator aquarium with 1 snowflake eel, 1 picasso trigger, 1 niger trigger, 1 striped puffer, 1 scopas tang, and 1 dwarf fuzzy lionfish. Everything is perfectly fine. I have a sealed top so nothing can get out and about 30-40 lbs of live rock. The lionfish sits in the same place everyday and never hides. 3 days ago he dissappeared and today i got so worried i nervously took and moved all the live rock and couldn't find him nor where he died. He couldn't have been sucked up into the filters or jumped out. How can this happen or am i just losing it. Could the fish in there have torn him apart and ate him that quick. They have always gotten along. thanks. jonathan
Kart Racer
Copepod

Post by Kart Racer »

I wouldnt put it past the picasso. The one I had could be pretty mean when he wanted to. I dont know much about the stripped puffer but with two triggers and the puffer they could have made a meal of the lion.
jdmorgan20fan
Amoeba

Post by jdmorgan20fan »

I think i found a small piece of him. A hermit crab was eating it. The piece was white with a spike looking thing attached. I now know for a fact that he is not in there so sadly enough, i have to say he is no more. He was my favorite out of all of them. I did like that he was that small but i think now i may move on to another one. Maybe a large one. sadly enough, i must find my next lionfish. jonathan
jdmorgan20fan
Amoeba

my lionfish

Post by jdmorgan20fan »

The first one was taken when i first got him and the last one was about a month ago. It hurts losing your favorite fish.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii40 ... 217005.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii40 ... 002002.jpg
Kart Racer
Copepod

Post by Kart Racer »

Never had a lion but always have liked them. JMO but I dont believe I would put another in that tank with 2 triggers. In searching when I was setting up my predator tank, I always read lions and triggers was a touchy mix because of the triggers picking at their fins.
jdmorgan20fan
Amoeba

lionfish

Post by jdmorgan20fan »

I worried about that too but they got along and never had a problem. I have had them together i'm guessing for 5 months at the most. Whenever i would put a guppy in there, usually the triggers would back down because the lionfish was a fighter. They would just go by him and he would start following like it was his tank. I really think i'm lucky that the 2 triggers i have are very laid back and dont' bite at the other fishes. I was always worried that they would be aggressive but i have been lucky so far. thanks, jonathan
kristo
Copepod

hey

Post by kristo »

never forget that a eel will eat something and if cant eat the whole thing then he will tie himself in a knot to finish swallowing the prey. alot of time the eel, (Experience), that snowflakes have a nasty bite. So, the teeth could have torn the found piecd of lion. I have to large triggers in a 75 and a fuzzy dwarf and dont have a problem. But, that is just me. I think it was the eel.

~KRis