10 Gallon Nano

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Candy Cane, Frogspawn, etc probably will do better. In a book I have they are on a 9/10 in easy care corals.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
AquariKeeper
Amoeba

Post by AquariKeeper »

I got a neon green candy cane! four heads...like twenty bucks...

The weird thing is that it keeps getting knocked down, but like it will be in a groove in the rock, and then be sitting across the groove...weird...must be the goby...

I'm adding calcium supplements, and such... :D
AquariKeeper
Amoeba

Post by AquariKeeper »

Candy Canes growing well...

I'm thinking about upgrading my lighting to a SunPod HQI 30", like 150 or 250 watts so I can keep some basic SPS eventually. After my tank matures more, and water conditions get a little more stable...Opinions? Criticisms? Smart-Aleck remarks?
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

:idea: :arrow: Currently, we are at a cold fault on the daughter board and the daisy wheel is about to crash and all you people can do is sit around and gritch. You see yourself as a brilliant little pebble waiting for your code word. What if it never comes, huh? What will you do then? I ask you, does the belt not go through all the loops?
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
AquariKeeper
Amoeba

Post by AquariKeeper »

Ah, but I ask YOU, what if you don't own a belt, huh? What would you do then? :shock: :lol:
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

AquariKeeper wrote:Ah, but I ask YOU, what if you don't own a belt, huh? What would you do then? :shock: :lol:
What? Are you just going to sit around in your cruiser and wind up as ejected from somebody's crazy physics package? One simple question. Who the hell hit the chicken switch!? Huh? Who the HELL hit the chicken switch!?
Andrew

AquariKeeper
Amoeba

Post by AquariKeeper »

Chicken switch? I thought that was when you run from your mom when she goes outside and pulls a limb off a tree!? :?

But on a more serious note; It sure wasn't me!
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

In case you weren't already disturbed and confused, that was from Reno 911, FTW. It was a motivational speaker talking to the force that went through that. Watch it sometime--it's hilarious. In any case, I felt the need to mix up the mood :lol:
In any case, the halide sounds like a fine option for later. A 150w should be plenty for a tank that size.
Andrew

snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I was wondering.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

snoopdog wrote:I was wondering.
My work here is done. :mrgreen:
Andrew

woolyt2
Amoeba

Post by woolyt2 »

hey keeper i have some xenia if you would like some free
AquariKeeper
Amoeba

Post by AquariKeeper »

Sure woolyt2, PM me I guess. :)
woolyt2
Amoeba

Post by woolyt2 »

pm sent
AquariKeeper
Amoeba

Post by AquariKeeper »

Ok, theoretical question here...I have a friend who has had this colony of acropora in his tank for ten years since he bought it in L.A., he has it under lights a little lower than mine, and it has flourished, after so long under gradually lower lighting. If I keep a frag of it very close to the surface, under moderate to direct flow, and maintain stable water conditions...could it be feasible? :?
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Feasible yes. I have grown Acropora under low light. The trade-off is that it will grow much slower.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.