Stealing from B&B petstop

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

Squirrelboy
Amoeba

Stealing from B&B petstop

Post by Squirrelboy »

Apparently, if B&B makes a mistake you're to blame.

A couple of weeks back I bought a Naso Tang from B&B petstop.
As it turns out I was rung up incorrectly as I was informed when I came back into the store a few days to a week later. I wasin the middle of moving and trying to get my utilities set and all kinds of fun stuff so I was fairly scattered as I have been since August when we started the big move. I remeber the Saltwater Supervisor bagged my fish, the Cashier Supervisor rang me up and I paid in cash, I tossed the receipt because I never keep the receipt since I have a vip card so there is no point, and since the supervisors handled my transaction from start to finish I didn't pay attention to the transaction. I assumed it was plausible so I told them I'd be glad to resolve the matter when I got paid the following friday and could make it in. I returned on my next day off which was the following saturday. When I returned I spoke to the cashier who rang me up and he quoted a price that excluded the discount I was getting because of B&B's friends and families coupon an employee can offer once a month to give their discount to family and friends. It had been 20% but the discount system changed since I was employeed so I didnt know if it was less than that now. The cashier said he didn't know what was going on with it as Bill (Trufant) had put it in so I needed to talk to him when he was in, that was fine I'd try to get back with him and resolve it asap.
That became fairly difficult as the Trufants went out of town and didn't allow the saltwater supervisor to handle it without going through Bill. I also started a new job working 7 to 7 all during the week. I finally got a chance to talk to Bill over the phone a few days back.

Instead of talking to me nd trying to see my side of things he told me he felt like I cheated him and like I had stolen from him. I asked him "Are you calling me a theif Bill !?" to which he replied I never said that but if thats the way you feel....

Long story short Bill treated me like a petty theif instead of like a customer trying not to get ripped off and trying to make things right at the same time because of a mistake his staff made.
BTW the cashier that rang me up was arrested for stealing from B&B so its all together probable what I paid and what was keyed in where two different amounts as well, I didn't bring this up because I was giving Bill the benefit of the doubt and all Bill did was imply I was stealing from him.

So I want to know if anyone else has had any experience like this, I don't plan on boycotting B&B or anything I just want to know if he has done anything like this to any of you. If so I can not continue to shop there but I want to believe that his recent loss of cashier due to theft just has him on edge for now. And be warned if you buy anything from there make sure they rang you up right.
crsswift70
Copepod

Post by crsswift70 »

Their saltwater tanks always look like crap anyway. I am always leery of buying from them. I go there to browse, but rarely if ever buy anything. Being treated like that would just keep me out of the store. No big loss as far as i am concerned.
75gal, 20gal fuge, DIY LED, mag5 return, 2xk3's.
jdmorgan20fan
Amoeba

B & B

Post by jdmorgan20fan »

I do not buy corals from there because the corals always have that red looking stuff on the rocks and corals and after buying a coral fromt there last year, my tank was slowly being taken over by it. The only way i got rid of it was when my tank crashed due to sea cucumber being sucked up it. Every time i go in there i see corals with that stuff on it. I'm not a big fan of some of the aquariums looking dirty.
woolyt2
Amoeba

Post by woolyt2 »

a friend bought somethings there and was given the wrong change ,he was short, he called they said that they would count the draw ...well the draw was over but 5 bucks short of what he said , so that could not be his right ? i go i look very ,very rarely buy ...
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

That's a shame. There are definitely better ways to handle and/or approach the situation from a store's point of view--especially seeing as how you were going to cover their mistake. That wasn't very tactful on his part to say the least.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

I worked for them many years ago, gave me a bad taste then and I still feel that way today.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
shipbear
Amoeba

LFS

Post by shipbear »

I've never been there, so can't say anything..

I trade at " FAT FISH " here in Daphne 626-0926..
Very nice people, nice discounts... And they help you with adding stuff to your tank..
I'm a beginner, and they want sell me anything..
That they know I'm not ready for...
They had a " brain coral " that I wanted, She said... NO WAY ..
That I wasn't ready for something like that, yet..

Later, Larry
kristo
Copepod

Post by kristo »

dont go there at all anymore... starting going to other places for all my pet needs. I also have been screwed more than once by the Trufants.
~Kris~

"You can not start a revolution with a silk glove."~Joseph Stalin
Squirrelboy
Amoeba

Post by Squirrelboy »

Even better after I paid it off, actually paid more for it than I was suppose too, it is still on my account went there tonight to get dog food, so professional.
woolyt2
Amoeba

Post by woolyt2 »

the son ,Billy, worked for us awhile back now i see why he didnt want to work for daddy....
Scootman
Amoeba

Post by Scootman »

I just want to chime in and 2nd the Fatfish suggestion. Michelle and Co. have always taken great care of me.

Sorry you had such a hard time with B&B....

Scoots
It takes a BIG man to cry.....but it takes a BIGGER man to laugh at that guy.