wtb fish for 29g,

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

jason214
Amoeba

wtb fish for 29g,

Post by jason214 »

I had an outbreak in my tank of ick and lost everyone.. I'm looking for a pair of either goldstripe maroons or black and white ocellaris's. A dwarf angel, and then maybe something else intresting ie. goby's of the sort. thanks guys, i am serious about inquiring. email mobcty214@yahoo.com Thank you
kristo
Copepod

Post by kristo »

gold stripes probably wouldnt be the smartest thing to put in a 29. Maroons get big and are aggressive.
Attachments
DSC00025.jpg
DSC00025.jpg (83.82 KiB) Viewed 2111 times
DSC00025.jpg
DSC00025.jpg (83.82 KiB) Viewed 2111 times
~Kris~

"You can not start a revolution with a silk glove."~Joseph Stalin
kristo
Copepod

Post by kristo »

big one ehh???

by the way, Jason, do you still work at B&B??
~Kris~

jason214
Amoeba

yep

Post by jason214 »

Yeah i'm still at B&B. But any way i know about size of fish and compatibility, i just lost a gold stripe that lived happily with an ocellaris for a year now. Iknow that won't be easy to do again but i'm looking for a pair of the same type this time. But if any one has any fish that they are intrested in moving out then i may def, be intrested just let me know. I'm not looking for freebies, i will pay if needed or if i can trade some coral for fish because i have plenty of coral.. thank you
jason214
Amoeba

btw

Post by jason214 »

Btw kristo, i think you should be the last one judging on what goes in a tank, i've seen your overstocked list before
AquariKeeper
Amoeba

Post by AquariKeeper »

Harsh much? :? People can learn...
kristo
Copepod

Post by kristo »

dont be pointing figures buddy. My hundred gallon has a half black mimic tang, gold stripe marron, a fox face and a spotted comet. thats it. i am here to help, not criticize. I believe i have helped you alot through out your aquarist hobby years. I have been in it for while longer than you and have helped you plenty of times. Including helping you set up that 29 gallon tank you got there. I have helped you set that up since the beginning, and if i recall correctly, i convinced you to read into reef and become a reefer. I have not criticized you at all, done nothing but help.

BUT YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME OR MY TANKS.
so please dont talk about things that you dont know about as in me, my tanks, and how many fish i have. Also, my intellect on fish and coral.

If i recall correctly, you asked me if you should apply to B&B before i had problems there, and told you to ask Sally for an interview.

In conclusion,
dont talk crap.

Im here to help,
that is it.
~Kris~

kristo
Copepod

Post by kristo »

also, my 55 pred, has a green wolf eel, snowflake eel, and a bicolor angel. thats it.

I have learned from my friends and peers on MBRK and have gotten good trustworthy suggestions. thank you.

also, if you want interesting gobies, look into yellow stripe clingfish (Diademichthys lineatus), or a yellow priolepis goby.(Priolepis aureoviridis)
~Kris~

kristo
Copepod

Post by kristo »

Andrew, is the yellow stripe clingfish a goby??? I read it is, but i dont know the classifications like you do.
~Kris~

jason214
Amoeba

Post by jason214 »

hey next time someone wants to throw a hissy fit, send it as a private message, I apologize for all of that who read. Nm about the thread i will go elsewhere
woolyt2
Amoeba

Post by woolyt2 »

if you had ick in the tank did you throw out all of the sand ? i think that it can still live if not
kristo
Copepod

Post by kristo »

jason214 wrote:hey next time someone wants to throw a hissy fit, send it as a private message, I apologize for all of that who read. Nm about the thread i will go elsewhere
No need to apologize for anyone but yourself.

I believe that had the right to justify my point. You shouldnt had said i should not be giving advice.
~Kris~

reefman8471
Amoeba

Ick

Post by reefman8471 »

Is the sand still submerged in water or is it dry? If it is still submerged in water it is possible that the parasites are still alive. The parasite can only live in that state for about four weeks. If there are no fish host for about four weeks then there is a good chance the parasites are dead. The best way to eliminate the parasites in a reef tank is to remove all fish for a month before reintroducing them. If there are no invertebrates in your aquarium you can treat ick with any of a number of treatments including copper. After the ick is gone remember to quarantine all new additions for four weeks in a separate tank. This will generally prevent the introduction of ick in the future.

James
There are no problems; only solutions.
jason214
Amoeba

Post by jason214 »

apreciate it guys i didn't know that it would stay in a feeding state that long, would the addition of cleaner shrimp be a problem?
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

kristo wrote:Andrew, is the yellow stripe clingfish a goby??? I read it is, but i dont know the classifications like you do.
Hi Kris. No, it isn't a goby. I suppose you could say that they are distantly related, but they definitely aren't gobies. Quick (relatively new) classification:

Class Actinopterygii
Order Perciformes
Suborder Gobiesocoidei
Family Gobiesocidae
Genus Diademichthys (Diadema urchin fish, literally)
Species lineatus

Compare this to gobies:
Class Actinopterygii
Order Perciformes
Suborder Gobioidei
Etc.

You can see that they branch at the suborder level according to modern classification.

FWIW, the most resistant strains of ich can actually remain in an sporocyst stage (tomonts) for up to eight weeks. Six weeks is common, but eight is not unheard of. So a fallow period of up to 8 weeks is what would be needed to assure complete ich eradication in a fishless system/container. I personally wouldn't trust any less unless the parasite were to dessicate. For incoming fish to be ich free, I recommend quarantine and a prophylactic hyposalinity treatment for the same 8 week period to assure complete eradication. Of course, this is assuming absolute removal without the possibility of reintroduction. If you have a reef, this would entail quarantining all rock or coral in a fishless system for up to 8 weeks. Personally, that's a LOT of time and work.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium