mag drive

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

jdmorgan20fan
Amoeba

mag drive

Post by jdmorgan20fan »

I have a mag drive that i think is a mag 2 or 3 and i have been using it in my tank to move water around. Yesterday, when i was gone, the only thing i can think of what happened was that the pump was somehow jerked out of the water and was sitting on my floor. I'm not sure if my dog somehow got behind the aquarium and pulled it out but it somehow got out. It now shakes and the propeller goes around slow and stops and then goes. Can i save it or has it burnt up by not being in water?
Michelle
Amoeba

Post by Michelle »

Take out the impeller and look at it. It should be totally smooth and not have any scratches or lines on it. The impeller may have just gotten beat up in there running dry, you could try a new impeller but honestly you will prob just need to replace the pump.
Thanks!
Michelle @ Fat Fish
28851 N. Main St., Ste. D
Daphne, AL 36526
251-626-0926
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

There should be a rubber plug on the top and bottom of the impeller those could be missing. Also I have seen the glue break from the magnet and plastic of the impeller. When that happens you also need to replace the impeller.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
jdmorgan20fan
Amoeba

mag drive

Post by jdmorgan20fan »

Thanks for the info. I think i burned it up. well, lesson learned. thanks, everyone