WTB: quality used equipment

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

mobilerealtor
Amoeba

WTB: quality used equipment

Post by mobilerealtor »

I will be going to a larger tank pretty soon and I want to go ahead and start looking for some GOOD used equipment. I do not mind buying new in order to get what I want and to get something of good quality, but if there is someone out there that has some equipment that is in great shape or relatively new I do not mind saving some money....
I am going to set up a 120 gallon reef, so I am looking for some of the following:

48" T5 lighting system (I am really not interested in MH or PC lights)
protein skimmer
return pump (not sure yet on what size I will need)
powerheads
sump/refugium
120 gallon tank (glass, 2 bottom drilled overflows - do not want a back drilled tank and do not want to have to drill it myself)

If you have an entire set-up for sale that is good too, but I am less interested in the stand/canopy (I found what I want for that already).

I am not in a super hurry to do anything, but I will start putting the pieces together pretty soon.

Thanks!
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Hi. I am downgrading my tank and I am getting rid of my 48" bulbs and reflectors (IceCap SLRs). I also have some bulbs that are ~3 months old, but overdriven, so you'll get maybe another 6 mos. out of them--they are as follows:
3 ATI Blue Plus
1 ATI Aquablue Spezial
1 UVL AquaSun
1 GE 6500K

That's all I have, though, since I am keeping the ballasts and endcaps, but normally the reflectors are ~$25 each, so that'd save you a bit of money.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium