September meeting

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

September meeting

Post by Amyjoe »

There was a small amount of discussion about the Sept. Meeting at the Last Meeting... but no decision made....

Anyone?
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

I am always game but I think folks are tired of driving all the way out here. I love having everyone over. :D :D :D

Elizabeth
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Hi Everyone,
just to let you guys and gals know, me and my wife will be willing to host the next meeting if everyone is willing to drive/carpool to Biloxi, MS. This will be a longer ride than to Liz's. The third weekend of September is looking good for me so far. Just let me know what everyone decides on. My place or Liz's? Friday or Saturday?

John

P.S. The viewing room (former dining room) has yet to be painted.
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Sounds great "except" and there is always one of those... that is the weekend the guys have scheduled to go to Ocea on the "field trip"....

Any suggestions?
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Dang it. Hmmm. I don't know what to do. How about the weekend after the "field trip" to Ocea?

Everyone should chime in and give their personal thoughts and ideas. When is the best time and date for everyone? Let's make this happen guys and gals.
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Either way is good for me.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I am very flexible.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Doesn't matter to me honestly either way. I have to work the 3rd weekend so I wont be going to either thing, can someone contact Mike and get his two cents since he hasn't been on the board in a while? The field trip is his baby.
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

How about the 2nd week or the 4th week of September? When is it good for everyone?
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Either date is good for me :)
-Josh Murrah
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Kevin and I are pretty flexible- could do either of those.
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

Of course, I have no plans. :roll: You guys are my only social life! :oops:

I am game for any weekend.....how long does it take for you guys to get to Biloxi? I went not too long ago and it took me nearly 1.5 hours from my door to theirs. Of course this was during the week (daytime) and the traffic was rough. I was just curious.....

Elizabeth :D
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Okay, it seems that the 4th weekend of September would be the better choice. If that is the case, then let's make it for September 27th at 7:00 PM. How does that sound guys (gals)?

If there are any conflicts please let me know. We are going to work out the food and drinks issue as the date nears. Mike and Scott have both been here before. If anyone needs directions and/or my phone number please PM me.

Please remember that our house is that fully furnished, as all of the money went into the reef tank. 8) So my house and furnishings are not open for criticism, but my tank is absolutely fair game.

Hopefully everyone can make it, and please be ready to drink if you are not driving. ;)
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Isn't Ocean View and Xters place both in Mississippi? If we are going to Ocean View on a Saturday...why not make the MBRK meeting the same day...right after the Aquarium tour? :idea: We will likely already be carpooling, and It would insure a better turnout for both I think.

:wink:
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Actually, I think the field trip is to Ocea, which is in Florida. Unless something changed. Amy is also unable to attend the that day.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.