Stupid reefing mistake.

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

Crustman
Amoeba

Stupid reefing mistake.

Post by Crustman »

I had about a gallon jug with filled about 1/3 with Kalk on my canopy that I dripped into my tank the other day. This morning I just lifted up my canopy without thinking and the jug tumbled off. Some of it hit my wavemaker plugs but luckily most of it stayed in the jug. I have done this with a cup of silversides before also. Top of canopy is about 6 feet so I don't see what I put up there.
Neuticle
Copepod

Post by Neuticle »

Don't feel bad, last week I siphoned debris out of my tank for a couple of minutes before I realized my feet were getting wet. Luckily my angrier half was still at work, lol
100 gal mixed reef, 30 gal sump, 4x54w T5, 2x150w HQI, OctoX 200 skimmer, Kalk top-off, rocky mixed reef.
strout
Copepod

Post by strout »

My biggest mess up so far has been when I was getting salt out of my container to mix. Was supposed to use a 1/2 cup per gallon, I was in a hurry and used a 1 cuo measurer. I caught the mess up before I put it in my tank. I make the water a few days before I use it so I can check the salt levels before use. I thought to myself, this salt meter must be messed up, no way it can be this high.