180 Gal Complete Reef Setup $1800

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

Beaugoes
Amoeba

180 Gal Complete Reef Setup $1800

Post by Beaugoes »

180 Gal Saltwater Reef setup complete. 180 Gal tank 6x24x24 with 40 Gal Breeder tank for sump. Live rock and substrate as shown. All invertes and fish included. Tank drilled for two 1 1/2 overflows (drains to sump), two 1 inch closed loop systems (currently not being used as I'm using three Maxi-jet 1200's with Sure Flow upgrades - These pumps are being switched using a Red Sea Wavemaster Pro Controller and are being used as the prime movers in the tank - I believe they use a lot less wattage and create less heat in the system than the two Iwaki WMD 30RLXT pumps (excellent working condition) that are included with this setup). The sump return is also an Iwaki 30RXLT pump that returns over the top rear center of the tank (1 inch lock line with splitter). Water makeup is automatic in the sump via a 100 Gal Day Water General 6 stage RODI activated "as needed" by a SpectraPure Liquid Level Control for RO System. Calcium makeup utilizes a K2R Calcium reactor plus large C02 tank and electric solinoid regulator, a PhosBan reactor with Maxijet 400 Pump. Skimming is done with an ASM G4 protein skimmer powered with a Sedra 5000 pump. An extra Serdra 5K plus pinwheel is included (I generally have backups for everything). Lighting - Icecap 660 powers the 5ft VHO 1White and 2 Blue actinics, also have a spare Icecap 430 with two 6 ft VHO with endcaps (these were originals for the canopy but I replaced because I didn't have enough blue with just the two bulbs). Two Icecap 400 Metal Halide Ballasts (Compact low profile) driving two Reeflux 400 watt 12K single ended bulbs. Also three moonlights (plus three spares) in the canopy and two IceCap DC fans (these are the new low profile ones - super quiet). Canopy is of the piano style (front lifts up and back allowing complete access to the tank/contents. Stand - very heavy duty welded steel with adjustable 4 inch feet with poly surfaced glides for unlevel surfaces (easy to adjust, just use cresent wrench to turn each foot for proper height). Stand built for lifetime and is really heavy (With fully operational tank on this stand floor loading is a consideration - I don't worry I have it on a slab with ceramic tile). This have been a successful system and if you have read this far you are probably looking into getting a bigger system and obviously have some experience and have probably been to all the local shops. If youv'e been to Aquaria and know Pat, Phil or even Dave (the previous owner), ask them about Beau's tank, then if you like lets talk. The only reason I'm selling is that I'm preparing for a permanent move and won't be able to take it. Keith Beaumont, 850-438-8272 zrxy2k@cox.net.
IMG_3456.JPG
IMG_3456.JPG (76.65 KiB) Viewed 880 times
Attachments
VHO's just turned on so everythings closed up, but you get the drift
VHO's just turned on so everythings closed up, but you get the drift
IMG_3455.JPG (60.93 KiB) Viewed 880 times
IMG_3454.JPG
IMG_3454.JPG (70.25 KiB) Viewed 880 times
If I needed another Dog, I'd buy another Harley!
Beaver
Amoeba

Re: 180 Gal Complete Reef Setup $1800

Post by Beaver »

pm if still for sale.