Testing out the new Camera

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

andy4499
Chromis

Testing out the new Camera

Post by andy4499 »

Started playing around with out new camera. Here are some pictures that I took. It is a Nikon D3000. Plan to take some more tonight. The pics would not show up so I have put them on photobucket.

http://s891.photobucket.com/albums/ac114/andy4499/
225 Gallon Aquarium, Two 40 gallon frag tanks, 75 gallon refugium, 30 gallon sump
neptune aquacontroller III
Lighting = 3 x 400 watt MH, 4 x 6' VHO's,
Pumps = Panworld 100 (return), 2 x Vortech MP40, Seio 1500
ASM G-4 Skimmer, GEO calcium reactor.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Re: Testing out the new Camera

Post by Amphiprion »

Great pics, Andy. You definitely have better skill than I do. I have a Nikon D90 and I still can't take a picture worth a crap (pardon the french). Also, the tank has recovered and then some. Wow!
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Amphiprion wrote:Great pics, Andy. You definitely have better skill than I do. I have a Nikon D90 and I still can't take a picture worth a crap (pardon the french). Also, the tank has recovered and then some. Wow!
Thanks Andrew, I still have a lot to learn about taking pictures. I wish I could take a class or something to learn more about using this camera. Maybe I will one of these days. I took a few pictures of family the other day and it some how deleted them. I have no Idea why or how. One thing that I think that has help with these pictures is I got a Micro lens on ebay for like $30 and it seams to help a little.

I finally got the bugs worked out with this setup and the corals are growing like crazy some of these are small colonies now and I remember when they were like a 1/2 inch frag. I love to look back at old pictures and see the difference in growth. How is your tank doing these days?
225 Gallon Aquarium, Two 40 gallon frag tanks, 75 gallon refugium, 30 gallon sump
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

andy4499 wrote: Thanks Andrew, I still have a lot to learn about taking pictures. I wish I could take a class or something to learn more about using this camera. Maybe I will one of these days. I took a few pictures of family the other day and it some how deleted them. I have no Idea why or how. One thing that I think that has help with these pictures is I got a Micro lens on ebay for like $30 and it seams to help a little.

I finally got the bugs worked out with this setup and the corals are growing like crazy some of these are small colonies now and I remember when they were like a 1/2 inch frag. I love to look back at old pictures and see the difference in growth. How is your tank doing these days?

Awful, lol. I've had so many things go wrong--little and big--that it has made it a pain. I'm honestly not sure how much longer I'm going to keep it.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Took some more pictures last night. Here is the link to the new ones. Going to try and add some descriptions to them tonight

http://s891.photobucket.com/albums/ac11 ... w%20Years/
strout
Copepod

Post by strout »

Your getting pretty good with that new camera. In the first pic, how did you post the names of the corals next to the corals? How about taking a full tank shot for us. Corals and pics are looking good.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Yeah the full tank shots I have not tried yet. Tonight I will take some pictures of the full tank and some of the equipment that I am running. I also have started an inventory list of everything in the tank. What can I say, I got board.

You can add text to the pictures once they are on photobucket. I have never used that web site before, and it is cool on how you can edit the pictures online. I would like to get a copy of photo shop one of these days. Anyways under the editing are of photobucket you click on Decorate and there is a text button where you can add a text box to the pictures.
strout
Copepod

Post by strout »

Thanks for that info, I will give it a try.