Looking to get back into the hobby

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

opiy
Amoeba

Looking to get back into the hobby

Post by opiy »

I have an idea of most everything I want to get but right now I am trying to locate a store that has some tanks on the floor. I may have to order a tank though. I am liking the idea of the Marineland 70g cube 30x30x18 or the AGA 65g RR tank. I have been kicking around the idea of trying the 120g AGA tank but I really keep thinking that will be more than I want to fool with. If anyone has seen any of these tanks at a local store from here to pensacola let me know which store. I wouldn't mind a road trip this weekend or maybe just call to get the prices they are asking.

I am pretty sure I will go with 250w MH around 14k. I plan to build the stand. I will likely go with Reef Octopus skimmer. I think I will build the sump/fuge. It seems the only local place with LR is B&B at 6.99lb. I was thinking of getting the Air, Water, and Ice RO/DI typhoon 3 unless there is a better model out for the price. I know it will be a softie tank but I am considering sps. I have other plans but I won't keep boring you with the small details.

Any word on those tanks would be great. I tried to call some places but I guess I call to late or they have problem contacting suppliers.

Larry
Larry
My build thread http://tiny.cc/JYzXJ
Slowly building up my equpiment.
Rule of Coral Shopping: If you don't buy it when your see it, it will not be there when you come back.
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Re: Looking to get back into the hobby

Post by Scott »

Progressive can order you a tank and have it here pretty quickly. I had mine made and I think it only took a couple of weeks.

I have a tank that I am going to sell if you are interested. If is a 80 gallon (120 gallon that is only 3' long.)
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
opiy
Amoeba

Post by opiy »

I did contact Progressive about the cube but he seems to be having issues getting a price quote from his supplier on the exact model. I didn't ask him about the other two yet.

I don't know exactly what size tank I want yet. Sometimes I think I want the 120g sometimes I don't. Picking the right tank is the hard part for me, the rest is easier.

Do you have any details on your tank? Pics? What all it will come with or tank only? How much do you want? RR or not? I assume it is 36x24x24?

Thanks
Larry
Larry
My build thread http://tiny.cc/JYzXJ
Slowly building up my equpiment.
Rule of Coral Shopping: If you don't buy it when your see it, it will not be there when you come back.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I know that I have some pictures on my work computer. It is a 120 that is only 3' long. It's reef ready (has 2 1.5" standpipes) and drilled for a closed loop (they could be used for returns or blocked off). I have the tank, stand and canopy.

I will post some pictures this weekend.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Here is a picture. I know that I have a couple more somewhere. Unfortunately, I left my camera at work too.
IMG_0272.JPG