Need Snails

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

crsswift70
Copepod

Re: Need Snails

Post by crsswift70 »

I got 4 snails at Progressive... i think 2 are turbos and 2 astrea. They are doing a good job of taking out the algae on my back glass. Sorry to hear about your tank. I've never had that problem, knock on wood. :D
75gal, 20gal fuge, DIY LED, mag5 return, 2xk3's.
AuroraDrvr
Copepod

Post by AuroraDrvr »

I've had great results with large Mexican Turbo snails - Turbo fluctuosa.

They lived quite a while for me, > 2 years. The only problems I had were they are large, so they can knock over frags and plug overflows if they get into them. Though the majority of time was spent on the glass.
biggraham
Amoeba
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by biggraham »

Reefs2go just had a sale on snails. I just got my order in last Friday. I got 15 astrea, 20 turbos, & 10 nassarius for 46 dollars total. That was shipping & all. The snails was 21 dollars & shipping was 25 dollars.
crsswift70
Copepod

Post by crsswift70 »

Oh man, i would have liked to of gotten in on that. Could have split shipping!
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

If you had someone in Pensacola who needed to order some things you can have them order it and get free shipping. I think they do free shipping over $50 orders in florida.

I'd say it would be a good idea for folks to post on here about doing group orders if they know they are planning on ordering something. Even if you only get 1 or 2 other people it can make it worth it if you can get to a free shipping limit or just split shipping.
jdmorgan20fan
Amoeba

Post by jdmorgan20fan »

In about 3 weeks I am going to put an order in. I am ordering fish again from there. If you want anything i can put it in for you. I always do over $150 so its free shipping.
crsswift70
Copepod

Post by crsswift70 »

Please let me know before you order. One of the snails bit the dust, one i can't find and may have as well... the other two seem happy enough. I was thinking of adding another fish as well.
crsswift70
Copepod

Post by crsswift70 »

new vendor posted, free shipping to Mobile area. Anyone ordered from them before? http://www.corals2go.com