FS/FT/FL Sea Hare

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

AuroraDrvr
Copepod

FS/FT/FL Sea Hare

Post by AuroraDrvr »

My 90 is cleaned up to the point it's time to move our Sea Hare to a new home. He's done a great job, but what's left and what grows is quickly taken care of by the turbo snails. The Sea Hare is actually fairly sizable, 4" or so I'd guess. We've had him for 5 months.

Anyhow, I'll put him up for sale, trade or loan. I'd sell him for $20 outright, trade for corals/fish/rock/sand/powerheads, or we can setup a club "loaner" program.
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Re: FS/FT/FL Sea Hare

Post by Fishfood »

I may be interested in taking him right now. I'd probably just give $20 for him and then try to pass him on when I'm done. Do you have any powerheads in the tank that were a problem? I have two tunze 6025's modified. I don't think it will get stuck in them. The reason I'd buy it instead of take it on loan is that I have a second tank at my wifes office that could use some help and I can't keep an eye on it every day. She just got one of the new Koralia powerheads.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Would you be interested in a cleaner shrimp for the sea hare?
AuroraDrvr
Copepod

Post by AuroraDrvr »

It's in with a Koralia 4 right now. I've found it near the PH before, but it's never crawled on it. It's the pump style powerheads like a Maxijet without the screen, which seem to be the problem with them getting stuck. Two 6025's should be fine, as would a Koralia.
AuroraDrvr
Copepod

Post by AuroraDrvr »

Fishfood wrote:Would you be interested in a cleaner shrimp for the sea hare?
Thanks, but I think I'd have to pass on the cleaner. It'd get eaten in one tank, and the other tank has Peppermints in it.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Well I'll take him for $20 than. Just let me know when/how we can meet up.

Drew
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

So this thing mowed down the hair algae I had. I didn't think he would do that good of a job so fast. Anyone interested in buying or trading something for him let me know.

Drew
AuroraDrvr
Copepod

Post by AuroraDrvr »

Fishfood wrote:So this thing mowed down the hair algae I had. I didn't think he would do that good of a job so fast. Anyone interested in buying or trading something for him let me know.

Drew
:lol:

He took his sweet time in our tank to go about cleaning. Took him over a month. :roll:
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

well my entire overflow was covered and that took up about 1/3 of the back of the tank. I didn't have any on my rock so he only had to hang out at one spot. He went over the overflow twice in the time I got him on friday. The first time he took the stuff from about an inch and a half or two inches down to 1/4 inch and the next time almost down to the plastic. If he can figure out how to get to the lockline return that would be great.
zman6550
Amoeba

Post by zman6550 »

Would like to have him How much?
GrandBayReef
Amoeba

Post by GrandBayReef »

I'm interested too. I need him pretty bad.
Ron
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

I sent Zman a message earlier and he replied and is interested. It seems like this guy would be great for a community hair algae grazer. Knock on wood I won't need him again. I used an auto feeder over christmas and things got out of hand after that. I'll meet up with Zman hopefully this weekend and then he can pass him on (sell) him to the next in line.

Drew
lowrider
Amoeba

Post by lowrider »

if he needs a home i can help just let me know my tank is in need of him lol