75 Gallon for sale.

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

I kinda wish you would just keep it all.. no offense those are some great prices, but snoopdog w/out his reeftank? what is the world coming to? :)

I know I know.. being responsible is no fun sometimes :(
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Hey man think of the end result. I can focus all my energy into the 225. From tearing down the 75 gallon all I will need to finish the 225 is.

Another heater.
100 gallon sump.
Main pump.
Extra lift tube for second skimmer.
225 tank.
One Icecap 660 ballast.
One more tar ballast.

Add water.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Please correct me if I am wrong.. but this thread has more information on the sump:

http://www.mbrk.com/viewtopic.php?t=310

If it is not sold already, one of you new guys should grab that & run. That is an awesome looking sump.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Correct
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Ok here is the story. I am setting up the 23 gallon tank with some of my rock that has my corals attached and the fish i want to salvage. This is only a small portion of what is in the 75 gallon tank. Scott and Josh have both expressed interest in the rock, live sand, and invertebrates. Scott sound like he only wants a small portion of the rock and even less of the sand so if you guys can work together all is well. If not I am going to say screw it and let it landscape my yard, this was supposed to be a nice thing for everyone. I was letting the rock go $3.50 a pound less than i paid for it to help club members, not to make money off it. But the last thing i want to do is get my blood pressure up about this crap on who contacted who first.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Kevin, I was interested in everything you posted, with the exception of the gobies and the CBS (he's too good of a fisherman from what I've read!), and rock. I also have no interest in the sand, I'm too scared of material from old DSBs.

Scott, what are you gonna get? I haven't seen a list of what you called dibbs on. I think, based on what Kevin's posted, my understanding is that you get to call dibbs on what you want, and I'll take what's left. Does that work OK for you?
-Josh Murrah
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Honestly the CBS has been playing fair so far. I can throw him in the 23 gallon if need be. If no one claims the sand I will dry it out in a bucket and recycle it next year.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
evermann
Amoeba

Post by evermann »

correct me if I'm wrong but several people expressed interest in Kevin'sstock...If read from page 1, you can see all the posts and what was called...then a first come first serve was issued,,,now it seems that is no longer valid...whts up?
How much for de women? *twack*
Ahh, your kung-fu is strong...
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Because all of you guys are making my head hurt. I really am getting to the point of just using it to keep my yard from washing.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

The only other interest besides scott and myself, in the livestock/liverock/sand is me, Scott and Everman.

Kevin, you're the seller, you get to decide. Sorry. You should have been more clear, and followed up with the interested parties earlier. Now you're gonna have to play the moderator and decide who gets what. In all fairness, it'd probably be Evermann, THEN SCOTT, then me, as far as who gets what, first... everman gets first call on rock, and then scott gets call on whatever the Q)#WU(%*)@#U he emailed you about (and didn't post), and then I get what's left.

What a mess :) This isn't worth the stress, I'm going to bed, and I'll mail-order the rest of the rock that I'm short on, at a later and less-stressful date heheh.
-Josh Murrah
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

That is not a whole lot of stuff. You going to run 2 skimmers on the 220??
Are you thinking of a sump like the monster we saw at ocea?? :)

I wish I had the room for a beast like that.. We "Might" move up to a 180 sometime in the future, but that will be a while, I'm having to much fun with what we have now. I "really" liked the 180 we saw at ocea.. stand and all were pretty awesome, I thought it was a perfect size for us.

PS:
But the last thing i want to do is get my blood pressure up about this crap on who contacted who first.
Melissa and I say Good for you!
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Actually, from Kevin's first post he said :"First come first served" and never set a specific date for this to happen. He never said anything about calling "dibs" on anything so that you have first option to buy. I e-mailed him after my first post yesterday evening asking prices and early this morning to say that I was interested in an assortment of items. Additionally, I have never seen threads in any of the other message boards where the time a post, PM or e-mail was not the main concern of the seller and there was never any indication to "post here to get your name on my stuff".

I do not believe that any of us have any higher priority to certain items and everyone should have an equal chance to purcase these items reguardless of how often you can check this post. There are many that are just as needy as others and most of us, being concerned with prices at the lfs or online retailer, need to save a buck where we can.

I never asked Kevin for all his snails, crabs hermits or anything else for that matter. I think that we can divide these while still being civil about the whole matter. Several of us are setting up new tanks or trying to fill current set ups and if I get a few of the few things that I need that is fine. I have expressed to Kevin through e-mail the items that I am interested in and depending on what he decides I would be fine buying whatever an equal portion of everyone else that is interested in those items (i.e. if two people are interested in ten snails each will buy 5).

This has really deterred me from selling anything like this here and I feel bad that Kevin was put in this position.

Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Okay.... I am going to put my two cents in here and you can all call me what ever you want to afterward, I think most of you know I am a pretty opinionated individual and I pretty much say what :censored: I feel.

I think this is really pety... My husband has worked his ass off on this tank for the past 4 years and it is his pride and joy. We haven't taken vacations or gone off anywhere because of it, it has been the subject of many argument and long nights, frustation and tears. He is selling this stuff because I said it would be easier for us in the long run to sell this house and buy another one, not because he wants to. This is probably one of the hardest friggin decisions he has ever had to make, and adding to the anxiety by acting as if he is playing favorite or undercutting someone is rediculous and isn't helping things for anyone. The fact there are people acting like little kids over stuff we have had, loved and nurtured for over 4 years is really sucking eggs and it is really pissing me off. We had not set a date on when we were going to break the tank down or in completness what we were going to sell out of it, when people started circling like hawks. I may be stepping out of bounds here but get over yourselves.... We have several, I would hate to really count the thousands dollars in this tank that we will NEVER see again once this stuff leaves this house and you people are acting like this. Whatever.... I am sure I have royally pissed someone off but this is hard on us, especially hard on Kevin and I don't appreciate people acting like kids when there really isn't any reason to. No we can't make everyone happy but I assure you the person that is the LEAST happy about any and all of this is Kevin.
harbingerofthefish
Copepod
Location: ^^Harbinger wishes he was way up here^^ - um...can we say abuse of power here?! and memphis, tn ;)

Post by harbingerofthefish »

Amy and Kevin,

If you need another tank to keep some livestock in, I have a 20 short(24x14x14) you can have. It's not much but will be a lot easier to move. You can even use my light hood over it if need be. 140+ watt PC set-up. I'm moving this coming weekend, and I've had the lights and tank just sitting around...waiting. So setting up a tank is still on the back buner.

If you two would like to use this stuff just let me know.

I have a power head, canister, and heater to drop in there too.

At least this way you can salvage what you can for the time you need to.
"nothing is the matter, it don't matter what you think"
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Actually, I put my dibbs on everything in the post after Snoops' so it's all mine :twisted: ........ the precious is ours it is.......they can't haves it , no they can't. They are tricksy..they will tries to takes it from us. :twisted:

:lol: :lol: ~ backs away slowely from the black widow ~

Kev, I may do a mop up after the isles have cleared, but for now I'm steering clear. Spidey senses alerting me to potential danger. Either that or I got jock itch. :oops:

Personally, I think Amy should stop beating around the bush and tell us how she really feels :D If Auburn had half the Defense they would be ranked alot higher than they are now. I like Kev and Amy...good people, both of 'em. If there are any misscomunications or concerns over this seemingly "best of intentions" sale ...I know our club members will work it out like Gentlemen.... and err Gentle Ladies.

I think if I decide to open items up to the public forum...I'm going to do it auction style. High bidder wins. :) I just don;t have these problems...hell, I can't even get folks to pick up thier free frags. :shock: :lol:
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "