Acro Frag pack

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Acro Frag pack

Post by Fishfood »

I made a small acro frag pack. Its 5 frags for $40. I don't currently have pictures but here is whats included, and you would probably be better off just stopping by to see the corals in my tank as I know they won't look the same on the crappy camera we have.

Red Planet
ORA purple Tort
Green with yellow tips Milli - very nice yellow tips on this one.
Blue tip acro - Unknown type. Got this frag from Andy and I don't think he has it anymore.
Yellow tip unknown - Got this thing from Rory a while back. He claimed it was something it wasn't... surprise, surprise. Its actually turning into a nice acro.

these are all small frags. I was going to let them grow out but if anyone wants them now I figured $40 was a good price, particularly with the red planet and ora tort frag. I have a zoanthid frag I'll include as well. For another $10 I'll also make a frag of my not so rosy rose millipora.
bluwtr
Amoeba

Re: Acro Frag pack

Post by bluwtr »

For those of us a good ways away, could you post "crappy" pics just the same? LOL!

Thanks.
Wes

Beatings will continue until morale improves!!!

"I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it to them."--Judge Smails
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

yea I'll try to get some up tonight. I think I have to play with the skimmer. I had to turn it off before work today because something was clogging the intake.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

here is the green milli when I got it.

I'm not sure if you want a picture of my ora tort and red planet. My red planet is very pastel pinkish. It is the red planet however and I got it from andy. AuroraDrvr recently got a frag of it from me and said it has turn a deeper red in his tank.

Here is an old picture of the Tort.

Oh and I still have this acan available for $40

I might actually have some decent pictures of the others at home. I know my father-in-law took a bunch of pictures of the tank on his nice camera.
jt3069
Copepod

Post by jt3069 »

HOW MUCH FOR THE RED PLANET?
BEEN LOOKING FOR ONE OF THESE,
LIVING CHEMISTRY SET
bluwtr
Amoeba

Post by bluwtr »

Sure, post 'em up when you get 'em!
Wes

Beatings will continue until morale improves!!!

"I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it to them."--Judge Smails
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

jt3069 wrote:HOW MUCH FOR THE RED PLANET?
BEEN LOOKING FOR ONE OF THESE,
I was hoping to sell this as a pack. They aren't the biggest of frags and this way the pack makes it worth it. Otherwise I'll just let them all grow out a little and break it up, but then the red planet and tort may be priced a little higher. The other would probably be $10 per frag when they grew out some and the tort and red planet $15ish.
jt3069
Copepod

Post by jt3069 »

THATS TRUELY UNDERSTANDABLE KEEP ME UPDATED

THX
LIVING CHEMISTRY SET
AuroraDrvr
Copepod

Post by AuroraDrvr »

Drew has some nice acros. $40 for a frag of Red Planet is a decent deal in itself, but $40 for a pack + Red Planet is great. Even if the frags are a little small. Red Planet is a fast grower. Also I (think I) have one of those yellow acros he listed. Very nice, yellow coralites with a yellow tip and green body. Very hard to find real yellow in an acro, but this one has it. :D

Maybe to help your decision, here's a pic of the piece I got from Food after about 1.5 months in my tank. I don't have the brightest of lights, so it's got a lot of green.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

That frag is looking good. I'll be able to get pictures this weekend. I've just been running around dealing with 2 kids and the 2nd just started daycare. My wilfe will be out of town so I'll actually get some free time to mess with the tank.

Anyway the frag of the red planet I have is mostly white. It was a growth tip that was about 1 inch long. I rigged up a frag rack that is near the top of the tank under an ati blue + bulb. I'm amazed that the white growth tip is actually turning blue. I had to frag it because the yellow/green milli and red planet are too close together. The frags I created of each gave me some space between the 2. I'm going to hold these frags and let them grow a little bit. I agree though that 5 acro frags for $40 is a good deal. The only frag that might not wow you when it grows out is the yellow tipped acro, but I could be wrong. I think it wants to color up but just hasn't in my tank. I will be replacing my bulbs this month, or over the next 2 months I should say so maybe things will change.

I'm going to add a few more KZ bulbs to the mix of ATI blue+
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Hey Todd post a picture of that yellow milli as well. I know we are getting comletely different colors in our tank. The Red Planet in my tank is more of a pastel green base with a lot more pink in it vs the deep green and red. I'm currious to see how that yellow milli changed color.
AuroraDrvr
Copepod

Post by AuroraDrvr »

Don't mind the algae. :(
PO4 & NO3 sucks..

mikester
Amoeba

Post by mikester »

DO U STILL HAVE THAT PACK I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN BUYING THE PACK IS THERE ANYWHERE I CAN CONTACT YOU
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

the frag pack is sold. Maybe I can put another one together down the road. Things need to grow first. If you are interested in an individual frag let me know maybe that one will grow faster than the others.
mikester
Amoeba

Post by mikester »

im looking to buy frags is there anyway u could list somethings that you have to frag or want to sell and thankx for responding on the pack