New to the board, just saying Hi

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

Adrian
Amoeba

New to the board, just saying Hi

Post by Adrian »

Hey all, im new here, my name is Adrian, I live in Baton Rouge Louisiana, ive been in the hobby for about 7 years now, currently I keep a 75 gallon sps tank, and a 60 gallon frag tank, you can see pictures of my stuff by clicking the link in my signature. Im a founding member of the Louisiana Reef Club, we are a small group but growing by the day. In my non reef life I attend LSU where I study photography and I plan to eventually graduate :D Anyway, just wanted to say hi, my friend ken pointed me to this site to see some recent pics of his tank. Its nice to meet some fellow reefers from the south. You guys have a really nice set up here, maybe a few of us cajuns can pop in on one of your meets one day ;)
"Think education is expensive, try ignorance"

My Reef Tank
evermann
Amoeba

Post by evermann »

Very nice to meet you......Went to your site, loved it, great photos of great lookin corals. Lol, I thought those pics looked familiar, I already had a pic from your site as my background on one of my pc's, weird :lol: ....Feel free to cruise over anytime, we meet once a month to trade, talk, eat, etc...either meeting in AL or MS..Anyway....Glad you could join us...
How much for de women? *twack*
Ahh, your kung-fu is strong...
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Welcome to the site and you are more than welcome to take a ride over and attended any of our meetings. We have a great time and share a wealth of information. Your website is beautiful- looks like you may have some info to share.
harbingerofthefish
Copepod
Location: ^^Harbinger wishes he was way up here^^ - um...can we say abuse of power here?! and memphis, tn ;)

Post by harbingerofthefish »

Yo Adrian!

yeah I said that ;)

Nice looking pics. I've never been a big fan of sps but those macros w/ the extended polyps look real nice.

I saw on your frag page you had some of those orange zoos up. you wouldn't happen to have some of those long tentacle greyish/purplke zoos up would you? you have the pic listed as orangezoocolony.jpg adn it's the first zoo pic in your gallery.

So do you really have 6 clown gobies in there?
"nothing is the matter, it don't matter what you think"
trick0330
Amoeba

Post by trick0330 »

well always nice to see new peoples...look forward to seeing you at a meeting or somthing :D
Adrian
Amoeba

Post by Adrian »

Thanks for the replies all, glad to be here. Its nice to find a board with a small group of members, these days RC is more like a mall than a friendly neighborhood store if you know what I mean. No, I have 3 clown gobies, one green, and a pair of yellows, they are just very photogenic :) The yellows are soon to go though, they have made a mess of a couple of colonies with their constant perching :( Those are the only zoos I have available as frags, all my other zoos are relativly new and not mature enough to frag, I just got those greyish purple ones for $5, and the long tentacle orange ones are just starting to take off. Are there any sps keepers lurking around here???

My Reef Tank
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

Adrian,

I have a few of your frags by way of Martin over in Panama City. A bluish and a Green Millipora. Probably a few others. I've been looking at some of your montipora also. Maybe I'll get around to getting some stuff when my tank is set back up. Just moved and everything is in a holding tank while i fix things up.
Nepthea
Amoeba

Post by Nepthea »

Adrian, What's up?
Thank for the props on the tank. I need to send some zoos your way. my emperor angel has takin a liking to them all of a sudden. I will give you a call today.

Fishfood we need to hook up I see your from P'Cola i live in Destin.

Ken
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

Adrian,

I am very impressed with your setup. Let me step up to my soap box for a moment....I believe the future of reef keeping should/will be small propagators like yourself who specialize in a small market, do it well, and charge a reasonable price for a good product. Continue to support the trade, support yourself, and support your addiction.

I would like to see others (this is a hint to the rest of our group) do this with their setups. We bitch about the LFS and how poorly their stocks are. It think this is the solution.

Well done.

I'm stepping back down now. Sorry about that.

Oh yeah, welcome to our group.
Wind me up!
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Ken,

I have talked to you numerous times last year. I made a few trips to trade stuff with martin also. I was at his place one day when he got a bunch of fish in for you. I just haven't been in the position to get over there and buy anything(our work scheduels seem to conflict). My tank should be back up and ready within a week. I'm going to let everything settle back in and would love to get some of your frags. I have a few that i purchased from reefers that I know are yours.

Drew
Adrian
Amoeba

Post by Adrian »

Ken, you know Ill take them off your hands ;)

Krazy fish, well said, thats the reason I started propagting, its a way of supporting the hobby, its helps me to pay for my tanks, and of course its impact free.

Does Martin linger around here?

My Reef Tank
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I really haven't heard anything about Martin in about a year. We traded some stuff a while ago and I heard he bought a LFS that was going out of business. He had changed his screen name on RC to yellowfin, but I haven't seen any posts from him there in a while. As big as RC has become I could have just missed him.

Krazy, I am the product of these propagators. The only things that I have that aren't frags and can be fragged are Xenia, but I have sold/traded/given to many people here and quiye a few others. All of the frags that I have came from Ken (some of those originated from Adrian), John, Kevin, Shawn, Elizabeth, Mike, Fishfood (Drew) and a few others. I don't think that there in any corals in my tank that came from a LFS and only one fish. So, you can see that I am a serious proponent of buying from other reef keepers and I encourage others to do the same. What could be better than saying " Oh, that large colony there, I bought it as a 2 inch frag" (I am still waiting to be able to say it though)

~Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Hey Adrian, this is "Denzo" from Reef Central. I have conversed with you via emails a couple of times. I have been meaning to come visit you for quite awhile now, but my schedule has been very hectic. But I will visit you soon.

John
Adrian
Amoeba

Post by Adrian »

Its nice to hear about people that have my corals in their tanks, even better when they have frags, from colonies that started as my frags ;)

Anytime John, im pretty busy myself so I understand, just drop me a line.

My Reef Tank
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

Scott wrote:...Krazy, I am the product of these propagators...
It's good to know I am in the company of good people! :D
Wind me up!