New member of my family, hopefully a future reefer

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

Xster
Astrea snail

New member of my family, hopefully a future reefer

Post by Xster »

On Tuesday at approx. 1:37 PM, my wife Thuy (Twee) gave birth to a beautiful son, Alexander Wayne Nguyen. (Had to keep my middle name :lol: ). Both of doing extremely well. Had to do a C-Section as the baby was very stressed (dropping heart beat rate) during all contractions. Doctors wanted a better chance of a healthy baby. It worked, but our chances of having another are way slimmer now. Wife is still recovering from surgery. Wish her well. :D

This is the reason I have not been online lately. Sorry about not responding to PMs and emails, they will be answered very shortly. I have been extremely busy with setting up many things for Alex and also keeping up with work.
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

understandable, things pop up that you have to put the hobby on hold for the time being, congratulations man, post some pics of the little booger...
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Congrats John, Glad to hear that baby is well. Hope your wife feels better soon. Post some pics of the baby soon.

Amy
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Awesome John! We want baby pics!
-Josh Murrah
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Congratulations John! How's it feel to be a dad? Pictures of the boy would be nice. What are you going to call him Alex or Wayne?
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Deanna
Amoeba

Post by Deanna »

awwh...Congrats John! so exciting huh? Hope your wife feels better soon!!
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

Congratulations John!!!!
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

Congratulations you two! Can't wait to see photo's of the baby and meet him in person. :D
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
evermann
Amoeba

Post by evermann »

gj guys...congrats..now the fun begins :lol:
How much for de women? *twack*
Ahh, your kung-fu is strong...
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Scott wrote:Congratulations John! How's it feel to be a dad? Pictures of the boy would be nice. What are you going to call him Alex or Wayne?
I can see it now, everyone is going to start calling him "lil wayne." Hopefully it won't catch on, sounds too much like a rapper. But I would prefer Alex. :)
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Hey now what wrong with a little rapper ? We call my son "The troll", and he earns it.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

L.L. Cool Wayne and Mini-Wayne Rock the house
SaltnLime
Chromis

Re: New member of my family, hopefully a future reefer

Post by SaltnLime »

Xster wrote:On Tuesday at approx. 1:37 PM, my wife Thuy (Twee) gave birth to a beautiful son, Alexander Wayne Nguyen. (Had to keep my middle name :lol: ). Both of doing extremely well. Had to do a C-Section as the baby was very stressed (dropping heart beat rate) during all contractions. Doctors wanted a better chance of a healthy baby. It worked, but our chances of having another are way slimmer now. Wife is still recovering from surgery. Wish her well. :D

This is the reason I have not been online lately. Sorry about not responding to PMs and emails, they will be answered very shortly. I have been extremely busy with setting up many things for Alex and also keeping up with work.

Dangit...we need that party emoticon with the balloons and the dancing guy.... Wonderfull news...Congrats and I too hope Thuy recovers quickly. You are going to be a great dad...I can tell. You should have named him John Wayne :D WE WANT PICTURES! :P
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
HCJohn
Amoeba

Post by HCJohn »

Missed this thread. Congrats to you and your wife on the new baby. Enjoy your little bundle of joy.

<good grief that sounded girlyfied. :)>
28 Gallon Bowfront Tank
35lbs Fiji rock (taken by Katrina)
50lbs Live Sand (taken by Katrina)
175 MH lighting
110watts of PC lighting
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Thanks for everyone's encouraging words and compliments. As you asked here are the pictures. They are very sucky pics.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/vie ... id=1146827