December Meeting...yes its still a month away, but...

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

We had great attendance, lots of the new reefers showed and i hope to all of you at the next meeting in January.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

I live in Orange Bch. I hope yall had a good time. We just drove to mobile to eat and to stop by Rich's. He always has some pretty cool stuff. Was their any trading going on? If so what did people have? I don't know anybody else around here that is in the hobby, so maybe this site will help me meet some of you.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

this month seemed like less of a trading session like usual, and more like a giveaway... I got a free stag frag, and I saw some pocillipora, monti-cap, LOTS of macro (end up throwing some of it out after the meeting), and somebody brought a nice small kenya tree, there was some mushrooms, probably more that I missed out on... it was lots of fun!
-Josh Murrah
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

Ryan and I had a great time. The food was wonderful. I'm glad to see some new faces at the meetings.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Sorry I couldn't make it, there is just way too much to do this month than I have time for. I am glad more new people are starting to come to the meetings and I hope they continue to attend. Wtrhd, welcome to the forum and I hope you can make the next meeting.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
cnovak
Amoeba

Post by cnovak »

Had a great time, it was nice to finally meet people in the group. i was a little relieved the leeches and cups of skimmage never came out. i was a little worried when Jason offered me some home brew. Thought maybe it was a bottle of skimmage on ice, LOL. Thanks to Deanna and Josh for being great hosts. You have an awesome tank! And thanks for everyone else making me feel welcomed, hope to see everyone at the next one.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

Darn...I know we forgot something. :twisted:
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

CNovak did you not try the home brew ?? I am definitely going to ask Brandon to bring some more next meeting. Quite awesome stuff.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
finaddict
Amoeba

Post by finaddict »

Now you all see why I didn't ask to try the homebrew! Thanks for forgetting terry. Welcome aboard wtrhd. You really missed a fantastic group of reefers, hopefully you can make the next one.

Cheers everybody
Jeff
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Sorry I missed the meeting would of much rather been with you guys than triaging snotty, feverish, coughing, puking little kids!!!!!!!!
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

I know what you mean...there were several LSU fans at the meeting.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Was a great meeting.. Melissa and I had a great time as always. I don't think I'll have any brew ready for the next meeting, but can bring a keg for the one afterwards, it's easy to make. Snakeman and I both want to make some more of that recipe, both of ours turned out pretty good.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

The BIG question is who is hosting the next meeting.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
harbingerofthefish
Copepod
Location: ^^Harbinger wishes he was way up here^^ - um...can we say abuse of power here?! and memphis, tn ;)

Post by harbingerofthefish »

when ever and whereever you decide to have the January meeting is cool by me. Just not the first weekend in January. I'll be out of town.

Sorry I couldn't make the last one. I had ...well...one of those weekends. You know the ones where you leave friday morning to work and get back home sunday morning just in time for meet the press. ;)
"nothing is the matter, it don't matter what you think"
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

Sorry I didn't make it folks. Got carried away horseback riding and didn't get home in time.

I am just sick that we missed.

Why don't you guys come out to my place next meeting (january). I would be glad to host!

Elizabeth