January Meeting

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

I have a frag of a purple edge / green cap and an orange cap (I think). I may also be able to spare some macro and a flourescent green colt/kenya tree for you softie lovers. I will have some mushrooms available and maybe some frags of some other smaller things.

Can't wait to see everyone. If the kids don't go inot high gear, the house will still be clean!

Can't wait,

Elizabeth
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

I spent about an hour fraging what I could....see everyone there...
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Xster wrote:Wow...Shawn ....How you been? Havent seen you in a long while. See you later.
Hah, I know what you mean. I feel like I have not had time for my hobbies in quite a while. Looking forward to seeing all the cook stuff you bring. :wink:
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

lzb3 wrote:I have a frag of a purple edge / green cap and an orange cap (I think). I may also be able to spare some macro and a flourescent green colt/kenya tree for you softie lovers. I will have some mushrooms available and maybe some frags of some other smaller things.

Can't wait to see everyone. If the kids don't go inot high gear, the house will still be clean!

Can't wait,

Elizabeth

I've been looking for a fl green kenyi tree if you can figure how to get a frag mounted. I tried mounting a finger leather with no luck :(
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Thank you for posting the directions Brandon
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I only PMed the people that were asking and I can't believe that Brandon still has an e-mail from last summer. I figured that everyone else would remember the way.

Do we have a head count yet. I was going to order 6 large pizza's. Is this going to be enough? Any requests?
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

I need alittle macro algae... all mine died out without the sump light.

It would be cool if I could get a few different kinds :D Was hoping maybe a few people could bag alittle for me :)
finaddict
Amoeba

Post by finaddict »

Well guys and gals I was hoping that I could make it, but I'm sorry to say that I can't. The weather is extremely horrible in robertsdale and It is quite a drive to lizs house for me. Hopefully everyone will have a great time and enjoy thereselves. If its possible for anyone to post what I missed it will be greatly appreciated. So that later I can kick myself for not going. I actually had my wife agree to go so that she could meet everyone for the first time, but she's not comfortable with this bad weather. I actually think its that shes worryed about her precious bmw LOL. Anyway sorry everybody maybe next time.

Have fun
Jeff
woolyt2
Amoeba

Post by woolyt2 »

i am going to try to get there i am at work now but will get out soon so i should be there by 7 ...i have some shrooms and zoos that i am going to bring if i need to bring anything else like food or what not call me at 251-379-1340 or 421-2722 both are mobile #'s
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Well you missed great company, lots of frags. John brought a ton of acro frags and was giving them away. I walked out with snails (thanks liz), Monti caps and a Monti frag free from John, and some macro algea from Liz. There was tons of food, plenty of beer and a great turn out yet again.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

Yep,
You missed a great time. Another trip to the founder of this club. First meeting was at Liz's & Charlie to look at the broken 300gal. Things do work out Look at the Pool they ended up with. Everything looking great and thanks for the frags. Next time I will bring my dive gear. Hope everyone made it home safely....weather was poor but turnout was high...That is a good sign. Thanks again to Liz and Charlie....They were great host and tank looking great. :lol:
Terry
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

Gosh guys....we had a GREAT time. It was SO much fun having everyone together. Charlie and I fell asleep on the chair and sofa, respectively, and slept there until 4 AM.

I got some beautiful frags from John and Teri....thanks so much guys. I used to think that acro colonies were "the cat's meow" but 95% of what is in my tank came from frags less than 1" tall. The tank has been up just less than a year and you can see how fast those frags grow! Thanks also to every one that donated some macro. I know I got some from Josh and Teri. There were a few bags hanging around after everyone left. I am not sure who brought them, but the macro is happy now in my sump.

Also the doctor fish is still doing great this morning and I absolutely adore him. Thanks so much! He seems to fit in very well, ecept for his little arguments with the black damsel. When he gets more of his natural coloring back the black damsel won't think he is another damsel and will leave him alone.

Needless to say, I wish you guys were still here cause we had so much fun. Have a great Sunday and I will see you guys next month if not sooner.

Elizabeth :D
Deanna
Amoeba

Post by Deanna »

Had a great time as usual guys! Thanks to Liz and Charlie for hosting!! And, the cat hates the dog and wont let the other two cats near it. We will see! Till next time!!

Deanna
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

I was just getting ready to ask how the cat was! Hope it works out. Hang on the Sherpa Bag until I can figure out when I can come by to get it. I am assuming that the ride home went okay.

We called her PK (Porch Kitty).....I wish we could have kept her, but she wanted to come inside and Milo kept chasing her. I guess that is why she is afraid of dogs. Give her time...she will come around!

Till then!

Elizabeth
Deanna
Amoeba

Post by Deanna »

Yeah...I just feel so bad for the other two kitties. I just dont want them to feel unloved!! They are my kids. What can I say! :) And the back is safe and secure. Thanks!!

Deanna