February meeting

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

I sent an e-mail to notify those that do not frequent this board. If you didn't recieve it please PM me your e-mail address and I will add it to the list. I would like to start sending an e-mail to announce the meeting every month hoping to have a good turnout and to keep the club interesting and fresh.

I will provide drinks, ice, cups, plates, and probably some snack foods. If someone would like to pick up some pizza or something I am sure that everyone will chip in to cover the cost. If people want to bring something please do (even if it is some of that nasty low carb stuff :wink: ).

My house is pretty small so if there is a good turnout we will be a little cramped. And I will be out of town until next Tuesday so I may not be able to respond until then.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

Hope to be home in time for meeting...have tickets to leave here on wed morning about 1am but schedual showes another wk....have to ck out yet.....As for food...just bring it....looking forward to some good old american food....Pizza, whopper, BQ, ect.....screw the carbs....I have had every digestive problem you can think of.....Time to leave Africa for a break and some eye candy...hope to see you all.... Terry
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Thanks Terry, for some odd reason, I keep on thinking that the meeting is tomorrow. I was planning around it this weekend, or so I thought anyways. Complete durhrr!!!!!!! :?
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

Will be there I think....no excuses this time. Should I bring a cheesecake for everyone wanting to break their Atkins pledge (myself included)?

See ya there!

Elizabeth
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

I am all for the cheesecake!!! :lol:
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Counting down the days!!!! Need my monthly fix of reef meetings. Suffering from "withdrawal" symptoms!
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Yep, I agree totally!
-Josh Murrah
neil_franklin
Amoeba

cookies or brownies?

Post by neil_franklin »

Hello,
I'm the new guy here and will be coming with John (Xster). I can bring cookies or brownies or something like that (my wife loves to bake). Also would anyone be interested in some zoanthids? I have some green edged/orange centered ones and some brown edged/green centered ones. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Neil
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

I'm bringing for trade:

two small rocks with stalks of mounted xenia elongata (brown hands)
small rock of green-star polyps
large rock of green star polyps

I'm starting to be able to frag some simple softies, and give back, which makes me very happy!

John/Xster: I'm bringing that rock with all the pink/pom-pom xenia all over it for you, I want it out of my tank ASAP... and don't forget to bring the scrcophyton/toadstool for me!
-Josh Murrah
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Josh, got it, thanks for the reminder. You might want to remind me again come Saturday morning!!! Getting old...
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Neil we are always interested in Zoo's..... and new face!!!! will be glad to see you.
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

So far i have:
Shawn
Tony
Ryan and Drue
Jim
John
Joe
Neil
Allen
Mike and Leslie
Brandon and Melissa
Josh and Deanna
Kevin and Amy
Elizabeth
Max and Dinah
and probably Terry will be attending. I am not sure exactly what everyone is bringing yet except the cheescake, beer, cokes, ice, plates, cups and some snacks. If someone would like to take my place and bring the pizza that would help and I am sure you will be reimbursed. If we could get some piggies from Amy and dip from Melissa that would be great. Please post here or let me know so I can know if we are going have to share the cheescake and beer for dinner :wink: . I hate telling people what they have to bring so please speak up.
Last edited by Scott on Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Deanna
Amoeba

Post by Deanna »

okay...we can bring some stuff....how does chips/dip sound...drinks...say sprite/coke....and uhm...veggie plate...and anything else i can think of...

De
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

Ryan and myself are going to try to come. Not for sure if we will be able. Ryan will bake some cookies if we do.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Snakeman wrote:Ryan and myself are going to try to come. Not for sure if we will be able. Ryan will bake some cookies if we do.

Ummmm, then that is a definate yes that you will come right....errr...with the cookies :D
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "