For those with web enabled controllers..

Discussion on aquatic lighting.

Moderator: snoopdog

Ashlar
Amoeba

For those with web enabled controllers..

Post by Ashlar »

I noticed someone here using my signature generator a while ago, and I recently made some updates, so I thought I'd drop in and explain it.. (if this post is inappropriate, no hard feelings if it gets deleted.)

What is it?

An application that I made that takes the statistics provided by your web enabled controller (AC Jr / 2 with AquaNotes, AC3/3Pro with ethernet, Apex, Profilux, ReefKeeper Elite with NET module, or Premium Aquatics LightHouse) and turns them into an image that you can use as a signature on your favorite forum, emails, or even as an image on your web page. At the same time, I store the stats in a database, and you can get a graph of your temperature, ph, or orp over time. I also provide your stats in an xml format so that you can integrate them into your own pages.

How does it work?

A program on my server reaches out every ten minutes to your controller and gathers data that you specify. Temperature, ph, ORP, device status- most any data that your controller displays on a web page- all of it can become part of your image. This data gets formatted in the way you want, either fancy or simple, and turned into an image.

How much does it cost?

Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. There are no ads, no pop-ups, no spam emails, no tracking cookies, or fees. This was just something cool that I came up with because I'm a reef geek. If you feel guilty about using it for free, then renew your membership to your local reef club, send a donation to MASNA, or give a newbie a frag of something and help spread the responsible reef keeping ethic.

Okay, cool, how to I get started?

Register for an account at reefchat.org and once you're logged in, click 'Extras' then 'Signature Generator' from the top menu. Help is available from every screen, and I've even put up a HOWTO with screenshots. I'd appreciate feedback on how to make it better, too.

The controllers the application supports can grow, too. If you have another controller that has a web interface, and it's not listed here, I'd love to work with you to make it compatible.

Here are a few sigs that some users have..

Click mine to view my stats for today..

Here's my xml output.

And here's how one member is integrating the xml.
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Re: For those with web enabled controllers..

Post by Phisher »

If there is an aiptasia counter I'm in.
Crustman
Amoeba

Post by Crustman »

Wow, I feel guilty for not checking all of these things.
Ashlar
Amoeba

Post by Ashlar »

*bump* I've added support for the new Profilux 3, as well as options for different fonts and font sizes.
pheonixsoul25
Amoeba
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by pheonixsoul25 »

thats pretty sick !!
100 gallon mixed reef