Drs Foster& Smith

Saw a nice frag for a great price ? Let us know so we can buy it first !

Moderator: snoopdog

carlab
Amoeba

Drs Foster& Smith

Post by carlab »

I have ordered from them several times in past with great results. This week I ordered 9 bags of sand(30 lbs each) along with 3 large buckets of salt & shipping was only $15 total! Can't beat that. You know they must be taking a loss to ship that cheap. The sand arrived yesterday-each bag was individually boxed and taped with heavy duty strapping tape. Not even a grain of sand leaked!
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

They just make it off other stuff, that does eat there lunch on the shipping though.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

great company they have amazing customer service. Had some bottles of kent stuff break in shipping and they overnighted the new bottles no questions asked.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

I have had nothing but good experiences, also.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

So far I have ordered a ton of tank and pond stuff from them, my Mother and sister do also.

The have really expanded they inventory on reef equipment over the years but still have a long way to go.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Yeah, they still have some crappy (to use the misleading quote as applied by the industry) 'entry level' stuff. To think that if they did not sell some of the stuff they had, they could get better stuff and people would be much better off.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

My only problem with Dr's foster / smith is they bought up some of the the dog and aquarium companies that I used to love dealing with, but that's life I guess :)
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.