Looking for pod critters

This forum would make Sanford and Son's proud.

Moderator: snoopdog

Kresnahw22
Copepod
Are you a Bot ?: No

Looking for pod critters

Post by Kresnahw22 »

As stated above I'm looking to seed my tank with some of the little pod critters. Im looking for live mysid, various sand dwelling worms (spagetti, bristle, micro tube), mini brittle stars, stometalla snails, chitons, limpets, ect can anyone help out? Trying to add a lot of biodiversity to my setup.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Re: Looking for pod critters

Post by Amphiprion »

Well, I have a pretty active DSB. I could spare about a 1/2 cup or so. All I ask is that you bring an equivalent amount of fresh, replacement sand--or established sand that you may have. I'd prefer the latter for the sake of diversity, but either way is fine. Keep in mind my sand bed is made up of a large variety of grain sizes, with smaller predominating, but larger grains primarily on the surface. I have many types of worms in addition to the usual fare you mention. Plenty of amphipods and harpacticoids. I also have limpets and tiny bright purple as well as speckled chitons, Collonista. There are also sipunculans and other things I'm probably forgetting.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

I don't have an active sand bed as everything's fairly new, but I could get you a cup of mine or at least offer a price for it but I'd like to get a sample of
a few things if you'd be willing to.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Kresnahw22 wrote:I don't have an active sand bed as everything's fairly new, but I could get you a cup of mine or at least offer a price for it but I'd like to get a sample of
a few things if you'd be willing to.
Like I said, replacement is fine by me. I'll be due for a recharge sometime later this year, anyway, so I'll be adding some more diversity back at some point. I just don't want my sandbed height getting depleted.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

When would you be free? I'm available tuesday
Kresnahw22
Copepod