Need ID - Guesses are welcome

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

Xster
Astrea snail

Need ID - Guesses are welcome

Post by Xster »

Just wanted to know what to refer these corals as, because I do not know. Please give me your opinions and/or guesses.

Full Shot

Full Shot with different lighting and camera setting

Close Look

Closer Look
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

If you had to guess what would your guess be? I think it is Acropora prostrata. It looks kind of millipora-ish but the branches are a little different. I am by no means an expert coral IDer.

Where did you get it? What did they call it?

~Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Thanks Scott for the opinion. I guess I can start calling it a prostrata. I got it from a local reefer here approximately 6 months ago. it has been in the back of the tank up high behind other corals. It was browned out. It didn't start coloring up until like 2 months ago. He thought it was A. milliepora, but I thought it was prostrata also. Thanks again for the second opinion.

John
Aquariareview
Amoeba

Post by Aquariareview »

It is pretty coral. that is my Id
However the species name is Acropora prostrata
The polyps are different from A. milliepora
however just be sure I thingk you need to frag it and send me a (big) piece. I still won't be sure, but I will have a big piece
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

No problem Nathan, next time you make it to Biloxi, MS from D.C., give me a call. :lol: You can bring me something nice too. :D
Aquariareview
Amoeba

Post by Aquariareview »

Joking aside I would love to trade some stuff guy in MS
We have 2 large clubs here with hundreds of members but we have traded so much that we all have a lot of the same stuff. I would love to widen my gene pool by trading with you all.

I will post some stuff on here in a few days and you tell me what you want I will frag it and get it stable then ship it for trade.
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Nathan,

That would be definitely cool. I am all for trading. Let me know if you see something you like in my gallery, and I will do the same. Just notify each other via private message. We should trade at least a couple of frags to make the shipping worthwhile. Talk to you soon.

John