An idea

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

admin
Amoeba

An idea

Post by admin »

At our last meeting we discussed maybe everyone pitching together to get a mass order of livestock, this might also work well for supplies. Take for instance frozen food, shipping is $20 next day from Petwarehouse. This is not so bad broken up into many people, and there prices on frozen food are really good. They have stuff like frozen mysis shrimp and rare stuff you cant find in town. Just an idea, or even a parts order could work for us needed just one or two items that dont want to pay that shipping charge.
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Sound good, I need a Maxijet 1200. If we do a livestock order I want some clown gobies.

Scott
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

sounds good to me, i need 2 maxi 1200's, and lots of other stuff, by the way this i mike, and also, when are we gonna recieve directions to the next meeting
admin
Amoeba

Post by admin »

I am not sure, that is why I want to get this forum rocking and get all these guys to check here often. If we can get everyone to participate would be nice.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Are maxijets pretty good price/value? I'm in need of at least two powerheads to cycle water through the PVC liverock racks I made for my tank.
-Josh Murrah
admin
Amoeba

Post by admin »

I dont think you can go wrong with a maxijet, although I never have seen a powerhead stay on the walll with suction cups for any period of time. Same goes for maxijet, you will have to secure it by the cord or up in some rocks. I will normally just secure the powerhead to something like a cup hook and clean it once a year, Rios will not go as long as a maxijet will without a cleaning.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

I understand that... my last powerhead purchase was a $11 "fountain pump" from Harbor Freight... works great, but as you said, the suction cups give out after a few weeks or so... what I did was bend a clothes hanger around the outlet, and over the top edge of the tank. Works like a champ for a PH that's close to the top.
-Josh Murrah
admin
Amoeba

Post by admin »

You can get you some Maxijets from Petwarehouse for that price.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... CatId=4609
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Wow, the 1200 is pretty cheap, and good flow too; I'd be in if you guys did a group buy.... here's the cheapie from HF (on airport near university)

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/D ... mber=41287

here's another for cheaper, but local store doesn't carry it:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/D ... mber=45305
-Josh Murrah
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

I'd get in on an order of dry good if anyone decides to do it. I only really need Kent Tech D but can't find it anywhere in Pensacola. As far as Maxi Jets, I think they are the best ph that i've ever used. I've got 3 1200's in my 55 and one 1000 in my 26 along with some other type of ph that i found laying around.
admin
Amoeba

Post by admin »

Yeah I can use a little food and maybe another floating magnet, fell in love with those.