Virtual Server?

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Virtual Server?

Post by Amphiprion »

Okay, so I have a few older machines (laptops) lying around that I'd like to sorta breathe new life into. Even with a clean install, these things are somewhat slow. I want to setup a VMWare based server and operate them remotely on each respective device (each device with its own VM). So, what route do I need to go without spending a small fortune? I've got VMWare Workstation 8, vSphere Hypervisor (ESXI), and the older VMWare Server at my disposal. If I install the hypervisor on my host machine as the base (or use windows/linux and VMWare server), I should be able to use Workstation to connect each machine in a relatively straightforward manner, correct? Any logistical issues I need to be aware of, also?
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Re: Virtual Server?

Post by snoopdog »

I am not sure what you are wanting to accomplish but I have a lot of knowledge of vSphere, VmWare Workstation, etc. if you want to pm me directly.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate