Just thought i'd suggest a few books....

Read a good reef book lately ? Lets hear about it.

Moderator: snoopdog

opiy
Amoeba

Just thought i'd suggest a few books....

Post by opiy »

The Reef Aquarium: A Comprehensive Guide to the Identification and Care of Tropical Marine Invertebrates Volume 1 & 2 ( 3 is still being worked on).
I love this set ! A must have IMO Very informative and cover most everything you would need to know ( Corals, fragging, shipping frags, disease, care of corals, types of algae etc..) Volume 1 covers more info on hard corals and clams and volume 2 covers softs and anenmonies

Aquarium Corals: Selection, Husbandry, and Natural History.
Extremely good book also. Covers most everything on corals that you would want to know 464pgs This books focus is on only corals where The Reef Aquarium set covers some of everything.

The Conscientious Marine Aquarist: This book is very similar to the one below but it has more info larger section on marine fish and newer by 4 years. 430pgs This is also a general info on marine aquarium care and marine livestock.

Natural Reef Aquariums: Simplified Approaches to Creating Living Saltwater Microcosms This is another general coverage of marine aquarium info book. Not to bad of a book but I like it. Plus it has charts in it you can make copies of to help log info on species or maintenence. 335pgs

Dr. Burgess's Atlas of Marine Aquarium Fishes: Third Edition, I found this book cool because of the stated "over 4000 fishes illustrated" but seems hard to understand or look up the certain fish your looking for. 784pgs

Salt Water Aquarium for Dummies. Ive read better. Its ok but there are better books plus NO PICTURES !! 308pgs

The Top 2 books IMO are a must own. Great resource to go back on for info. The dummies book and the Dr Burgess I wish I didn't buy lol. All of these books I own and the top 2 love and would never get rid of.
Just thought i'd share this info incase someone was looking for a good book to get :D Hope this is helpfull to someone. Feel free to ask me a question on these books and i'll help if I can but its been a while since i read them :P Sorry some of the desciptions are vauge but they are in the order of best to worst.

FWIW www.overstock.com has the best prices ive seen on these books