AH Supply Bulbs

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

AH Supply Bulbs

Post by snoopdog »

I noticed this week my 26 gallon was looking more and more yellow every day. Today i asked Amy if the tank was looking yellow to her and she agreed. Sure enough the blue actinic i purchased months ago was dead. Luckily i kept the last set of old ones. Wow what a difference it made. Well that is the last set i buy from them, i have had past problems with them.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
opiy
Amoeba

Post by opiy »

what brand were the actinics?
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Hmmm, does not show a brand, sometimes the ones that came in where Phillips i thought.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

that sux, atleast i know now not to go there
cjps67
Amoeba

Post by cjps67 »

Hello,
I bought a few retro kits from them a couple years back and they were good at the beginning.The problem I had was with the ballast.I think when I first bought mine they came with SHO brand bulbs.They were awesome bulbs but company went out of business.
fishgills
Amoeba

Post by fishgills »

I don't know if i'm aloud it say this on the board if not you can delete but i get all my bulbs from www.petsupplyliquidator.com you can't beat there prices i think there running a specal now on pc'c my bulbs are now 7 months old and still burning crisp white and the same for my 03's, two of my friends went with MH fixtures and get there bulbs from them, one of my buds is running a 20000k mh and the color is magnificent, just thought i'd pass it on, hope i'm breaking any rules.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

No we ENCOURAGE vendor recommendations.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.