Too much LR!!!!

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

danielmiller82
Bristleworm

Too much LR!!!!

Post by danielmiller82 »

Ok i think I have way too much LR!!!
Tomorrow I am starting my nano and I have a 10g...I think I need to upgrade to a 19g most defiantly!!! That is all of the live rock I got from that guy who sold me 2 VHOs and ballast and a sump with a pump and a bucket of LR for $100 I think thats around 40-50 lbs of LR. I have had it Curing in a bucket since i had them. I think all of the dead stuff is off but i stuck them in this tank just to see how much I got...its all getting taken out tomorrow when i buy some LS and Im gunna put all of the extra in that 20g that reefer puffer is gunna give me so i can put it in my 30g when i set it up in a month or so.
Attachments
Too much LR? (and I still have three small pieces that I put in after I took this pic)
Too much LR? (and I still have three small pieces that I put in after I took this pic)
toomuchLR.jpg (93.62 KiB) Viewed 972 times
-daniel
http://www.admiller.com
-30g long and a 9g percula tank in the babies room.
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

umm yeah too much
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

I believe in lots of LR since it is part of the filtration but in this case looks like there is little room for anything else.
danielmiller82
Bristleworm

Post by danielmiller82 »

LOL...I was just getting it all out of the bucket to see which pieces I was gonna use in this tank(and to clean out the bucket)... plus I needed to get all of the sediment off before I stuck it in the aquarium. Most of this will be going back into the bucket to wait for my 30g which will be coming in a couple of months. I am buying a 19g tonight so I will have twice as much room vertically. I am only going to use about a 1/4 of this LR in this tank. Im going to stack it very vertical though. And Im going to have the center open so I can have a little playground in the middle.
-daniel
http://www.admiller.com
-30g long and a 9g percula tank in the babies room.
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

I put all of the extra live I had in my sump.