Bubble coral Problem

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

Fish-R-Friends
Amoeba

Bubble coral Problem

Post by Fish-R-Friends »

Hello everyone, My bubble coral that I got a few weeks ago is not looking to good. It was doing great until last week. now it bubbles are very small and it looks like part of it has died. Any suggestions?????
Attachments
MVC-764S.JPG
MVC-764S.JPG (27.9 KiB) Viewed 1214 times
MVC-766S.JPG
MVC-766S.JPG (25.45 KiB) Viewed 1214 times
MVC-766S.JPG
MVC-766S.JPG (25.45 KiB) Viewed 1214 times
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

It looks pretty bad. It may be from sand blowing up on it. I would move it up in the rockwork and give it a couple of cleanings with a turkey baster everyday. Have you tested your water recently?
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Phisher
Hermit Crab

Post by Phisher »

Mine did the same thing. One side would look crappy but the other good then they would switch, sometimes both would look bad, sometimes good. This has been going on for about a year now. It hasn't died, but it just looks crappy. I havent found out what do do to make this thing happy.

Joe
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

If I am right you should move it from the sand as suggested and make sure it is in a low to med water flow....just a suggestion..
Fish-R-Friends
Amoeba

Post by Fish-R-Friends »

I sampled my water Saturday and all was good, Cal was 430, Alk was 14 dkh, amon 0 etc. I did a water Change Sunday. Tank got cloudy about a week ago, so I did a water change, Carbin change and still a cloudy tank. My mushroom are doing good and coraline alge looks good also. dont know what to do next.. I will take your suggestions and move it up a little, but my Goby gets sand everwhere. Think he just might have to go. I'm getting ready to set up my 110 gal tank as soon as I finish my stand and canapy, but i thi9nk he will stay in that tank, Im going to make it an aggressive tank. lyonfish, puffers, hope he makes it ok. He just does such a good job cleaning the sand. Thanks for the insight and I do thank you all. Hope to meet ya'll Sat at Peters.