Just an FYI

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

sb1227
Astrea snail

Just an FYI

Post by sb1227 »

In case anyone doesn't know, Mark has some awesome stuff at Amazons River,some real sweet SPS, and Wet Pets is having a grand opening this Saturday. Their getting in a ton of stuff, and 10 percent off everything. Just a little news from Foley... :)
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Thanks

We might have to make a trip that way on Saturday
danielmiller82
Bristleworm

Post by danielmiller82 »

andy4499 wrote:Thanks

Better talk that over with Krissy First!!!!!!!!
-daniel
http://www.admiller.com
-30g long and a 9g percula tank in the babies room.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

danielmiller82 wrote:
andy4499 wrote:Thanks

Better talk that over with Krissy First!!!!!!!!

Yeah I will on the way over to Foley (JK). I do have a $25 gift card that I got for xmas. So I will use that as my excusse for going by amazon. I think she has already made plans for saturday though and going to foley may not be in it. We will see.
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

Could someone let me know where Amazon River is? I have never been there. I do know where Wet Pets is. There is definitely lots of potential at that store.

Do we know when Wet Pets big shipment might hit the store? It seems like us SPS folks have to be on the ball or we get the scraps.

Appreciate the help.

Phil
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Welcome Redfish!

Here is a map: http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Ty ... 8vZIWAzw--

It's on the right going south on Hwy 59 right behind a KFC just before you get to the outlet malls.

Since you are a SPS guy how about starting a new thread with some pics?
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

I think they knocked down the KFC, and the building next to it. You will notice a ton of orange construction fencing, they're putting up a new building so look for that. I think for sps Amazon's is the best place, wet pets is still new and isn't really set up just yet for it. They do have some stuff though, and definately have the potential. I'm gonna see him tomorrow and will ask what he has coming in in the way of livestock, am going by Amazon's in a few minutes, so I'll find out if he has more coming in this week, though I'm sure he does......
Of course he will .......I don't have any money! :D
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Ok, Amazon's has a bunch of Leathers (I really don't know what kind, I'm not much into soft corals), quite a few frogspawns and bubbles and such, quite a few nice zoas...other than the sps. Mark said he was gonna try to get more in this week, depending on what is available.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

I agree with Scott... Show us your goods Phil.

Do any of the places over in mobile and its surrounding areas ever have frags? I'm to the point where whole corals are out of my price range. I don't mind waiting for things to grow.
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

What kind of frags are you looking for? Anything in particular?
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Well basically Acro frags. I always hope that during shipping some of the places around here get in broken acros. But esentially I'm filling a 135 and always looking. I'll go leathers, zoanthids, acros, and lps. .. as well as ricordia. Just keep other shrooms away from me... and scotts xenia. I have been known to nickle and dime it at the lfs... I'm sure they love me for it.
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

Alright guys,I will try and see if I can make some pictures work. I have a crappy camera, but I will see what I can do. The tank is really new since Ivan, but there is some good stuff. As you can see I have not been posting here so I will have to figure out the picture posting/attaching thing or find somewhere to host the pictures.

I don't have much to trade at this time, but I do have a gorgeous purple rimmed green cap that needs fragging if someone has something good to trade.

Thanks for the directions, I will be there saturday.

Phil
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

Fishfood wrote:I agree with Scott... Show us your goods Phil.

Do any of the places over in mobile and its surrounding areas ever have frags? I'm to the point where whole corals are out of my price range. I don't mind waiting for things to grow.
Anytime a new shipment comes in, there will be frags. Most of the time they are small , but more times than not they are free :D I always like to be at a shop when a shipment comes in just to see what's at the bottom of the bag. Most shop owners don't look and end up throwing them away. Have you ever identified that WIERD fuseing branch acro frag I gave you?? I still have no clue????
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

No i haven't... I'm waiting for it to take off... It has maintained the same color..

as for acro frags.... I have been going to aquaworks here a bit and tim hasn't had any frags.. he specifically told me the day to stop by to get some. He had an interesting one come along with a bunch of zoanthids. He kept it and put it in the display tank.
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

Tim is one of the COOLEST guys you will deal with. He has a tendency to keep all his "better" pieces sometimes. You have to stay on him!!! He will fold under the pressure, Ha Ha. I've tried SEVERAL times to talk him out of one of his "kingpins" only to get the same response. He has helped me out BIG several times though. Wish he was closer. I REALLY wish he had never left the old store :(