Efflo anyone?

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Efflo anyone?

Post by Fishfood »

Who was going up that toward Tenn. ? Read this thread and let me know. I want an efflo :) http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthrea ... did=527035

I wish they would get them in around here that often. I guess in need to be at the store every day a new shipment comes in. I could also ask tim to look for one for me.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Too bad he is near Memphis and Galinburg is on the other end. I would like to have one too. Maybe we can split one in a month or so. I can't spend $100 on one coral even if it is an efflo. Do you have the 545 Dremel bit?
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

There are efflos on the Sea Dwelling Creatures lists this week. I will see if Dave or Tim will order one and we can split it up. I beleive the list no color, so it will be a guess as to what it would eventually look like.

Phil
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

well with the numbers that they are comming it it doesn't seem like they well be that expensive. That one guy picked up a brown one for $28 that was 6 inches across and it is a nice green now. It wouldn't hurt for me to ask Tim also. Maybe tomorrow. He does orders on tuesday i think.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Im all for a brown one. You never know what it will turn into. I have seen all purple efflo's go for a chunk of change and a brown one could turn purple too. I will check with Rich next time. Whoever gets it should acclimate it to their tank and wait at least a week or two before cutting it. I have a Dremel and the 545 bit. Nepthea used a tile bit to frag his and I have one of those too.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

so now that we have accepted this message, it will self-destruct in 5 seconds... Seriously, lets see what we can get with our local guys. It sure will beat paying 40 or so for shipping on a $60 frag that is 2-3 inches.
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

I can get a pretty awesome purple rim efflo right now fairly local. Has anyone ever split one???
max
Amoeba

Post by max »

Mark at Amazons got one in late last week.
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

That was supposed to be a secret :lol:
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I've seen it done but never actually done it.
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

I have split one before. Not thst hard unless rock base is too thick. See my pictures of the mystery coral split. More or less the same.

I would definietly be interested in a piece. I would purchase and split but I am not going to get over htere until friday or staurday and only if I can get stuff from reeferpuffer.

What is price?

Phil
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

How big is it?
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

It's about the size of a semi-opened fist. If we weren't heading to Gatlinburg tomorrow, it would've already been in my tank along with a few other things.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

wtrhed wrote:It's about the size of a semi-opened fist. If we weren't heading to Gatlinburg tomorrow, it would've already been in my tank along with a few other things.
Have fun in Gatlinburg. Bring me back something nice.
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

I'm sure we will!!!! Not sure if I will make it by any shops, but I will try. I am SO ready to hit up The Smokey Mountain Brewery, they have awesome beer and great food. They are one of the first places we go when we get there. Can't wait!!