I'll start a new topic about being engaged to show some pics

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

donkeyclubmember
Amoeba

Melissakins you are rare

Post by donkeyclubmember »

Most women I know that is all they talk about. Is how big of rock they wish they had.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”- Jeremiah 29:11
titansgurl
Amoeba

Post by titansgurl »

LOL, wow Drew, I just stumbled across this thread and was surprised. I didn't think you'd post about this on here. It makes me so happy!

As for the ring, I didn't expect something this big. It's almost too big! It's so beautiful! I would've been happy with a diamond chip for an engagement ring, but I'm proud that Drew thought I was worth this much. I can't stop looking at it. And I hadn't planned on getting an upgrade until probably our 25th wedding anniversary. At least then I will have earned an upgrade. :) I think Karen's a little crazy for wanting an upgrade every two years. I mean, just the fact that Gary took the time to pick something out and probably spent what little money he had left before going to Italy on a nice ring like that, means so much more. Hope she realizes that and changes her mind. As for the wedding ring, I think I just want a couple of plain platinum bands. Nothing nearly as expensive as this baby and nothing flashy to distract away from it either. I LOVE this ring and I'll cherish it every day that we're married.

I'm so excited about the wedding, I can't stop thinking about it. I'm always looking at stuff for it and my mother and I are always talking about it too. I think it's going to be great, if anyone shows up. :) Definitely will be the best day of my life, even if it's just me and Drew and our parents. I can't wait.

My mom can be difficult to please at times, but Drew has it easy really. He doesn't have to do anything to impress her. Just keep me happy, that's all she wants. But then again, he might say that's the hardest job of all! :) As for me moving in, we'll worry about that when the time comes. If it's only 4 months before our wedding, mom might go easy on it, but we'll see. You gotta understand though that it is my mom and I have to respect her wishes. After all, until we get married, she's paying my bills so I have to take her feelings into consideration! :) But she knows about the roommates and what may happen so she's got plenty of time to think about it. Like I've said before, it's my life and she lets me live it the way I chose, she just likes to put her two cents in. You know asian moms. :)

I Love You Drew!
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Re: only a ring

Post by snoopdog »

donkeyclubmember wrote:It is only a ring. A ring does not show how much you love some. A gumball ring could mean just as much if you choose to let it. Only shallow women want big rings. Sorry ladies truth hurts......
"Wow!!, all I can say is "Wow !!" - Quote Steve Martin.

Seriously though, never thought I would here that from you.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
donkeyclubmember
Amoeba

why?

Post by donkeyclubmember »

My wife has a small ring. Besides snoop look at the guys we know who do not were a ring. Do to work related hazards. Ring means nothing if love is not there with it..
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”- Jeremiah 29:11
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

< - never wear a ring. I'm kinda rough on stuff, I can't even keep a watch in one piece any length of time.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

just my opinion-a big rock is real nice to have if you can afford it, if not, no big deal! When I need to feel loved I ask Billy if we can go to the LFS :D works every time.
Karen
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Re: why?

Post by snoopdog »

donkeyclubmember wrote:My wife has a small ring. Besides snoop look at the guys we know who do not were a ring. Do to work related hazards. Ring means nothing if love is not there with it..
:shock: Shocked :shock:
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Brandon wrote:< - never wear a ring. I'm kinda rough on stuff, I can't even keep a watch in one piece any length of time.
I've worn my $25 wedding band for 1/2 of a day. I took it off in the car on the wat to the honeymoon and that was it. I can't stand wearing anything like that on my hand or wrist. I haven't worn a watch in 15 years.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Deanna
Amoeba

Post by Deanna »

well...its not the size of the ring...its just that i would like a different style...i want to take this diamond out and put it in a different set. I am very grateful that my mother-in-law thought enough of me to let me have her ring.

Oh and about the living together before marriage thing. I did a research paper on this. My research found that you are more likely to either A) not get married at all after living together or B) get married and end in divorce. However, if you live together with the intentions on marrying, it changes things a bit...you come into the relationship of living together with a different mindset.

And we really dont ever have big fights...its nice!

Alright now I am off my box. :) The ring is very beautiful. Congrats!
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

But the question is what is the % of people who live together and don't live together who get a divorce. I would bet you find equal amounts, if not lower for people who live together. My reasoning is because you avoided a % of people who would have been divorced with the ones who never get married in the first place.

I mean Jenn has a neighbor who at one point lived with his girlfriend. Now they have two seperate apartments right across the street from each other becuase they couldn't live with eachother... the crazy thing is now they are engaged to get married also. You would think they would know better since they did their time and it didn't work, Or maybe that is going to be the luckiest guy in the world. She lives in the house next door and he can go home any time he wants.... oopps did i just say that? :shock:
titansgurl
Amoeba

Post by titansgurl »

GRRRRR......
titansgurl
Amoeba

Post by titansgurl »

Well, my mother's point of view is that if you don't live together until you're married you're forced to work things through, instead of up and leaving, when things get bad (like you-know-who). I told her that living with someone beforehand can possibly prevent a marriage that shouldn't happen because you find out a lot of things about someone when you live with them, and you know what you're in for in the long run. It's kinda like a preview. I dunno. I just know it would save me lots of moo-la if I lived with Drew.
Deanna
Amoeba

Post by Deanna »

I have no opinion on living together before marriage, obviously Josh and I did and it worked out fine. Different strokes for different folks perhaps? i have no clue :)

Deanna
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

HAHAHAHAHAHA
-Josh Murrah