what kind of anemone?

What is that and where did it come from?

Moderator: snoopdog

dave3112
Amoeba

what kind of anemone?

Post by dave3112 »

I placed an order with Liveaquaria the other day and they shipped the wrong thing. But they will reship at no extra cost and I get to keep this anemone too :) . But I don't know what kind it is can someone I.D. it for me so I can get a suitable clown for it.

Thanks,

Dave
Attachments
anemone 1.jpg
anemone 1.jpg (79.14 KiB) Viewed 6424 times
anemone 2.jpg
anemone 2.jpg (58.78 KiB) Viewed 6424 times
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

You have a very nice specimen of an LTA (long tentacle anemone) or Macrodactyla doreensis. It needs deeper sand, reasonable lighting, and a good feeding regimen of meaty foods. LOL, what did you originally order instead of it?
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

Post by GermanShepherdGirl »

Do you order from them much? I've made a long list of things I'd like to have from them! :D I've never ordered livestock from them before....just some supplies.
-Kristyn
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

I would hate to have that thing wrap around my hand.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
medikall
Amoeba

Post by medikall »

Yea, I have one about like that. Mine may be a bit bigger it is a LTA and I have two true perc living in it. On the LiveAquaria note, I have ordered from them before, and they were fine. I had one dead chromis in my shipment, where the bag got poped allowing the other bags to move and caught the poor guy in a fold of plastic. However they refunded me, only asking what had happened (If I knew) I guess so they could try to fix any problems. I would gladly order from them again.
Sean
dave3112
Amoeba

Post by dave3112 »

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I have been BUSY like mad. I ordered a yellow damsel, a neon blus star damsel and a limbaugi chromis. Yes I will only order on-line live stock from them. Their customer service is second to none!! I received the correct items 2 days later with no additional cost and a $10 credit! Thanks, Dave